Just IT Apprenticeship, Is it a scam? Watch

TerryAP
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Hi, I recently got called up by Just IT and was told to come in on Friday to which I found out afterward infact people have to pay for the training which I proceeded to email them back after the confirmation to let them know that I will not be attending to which they called me up and I promptly hung because I've had this happen to me quite a couple of times now and I'm getting fed up with the lies and deception of these types of companies to which they proceeded to email me:
"
Hi Terry,

You do not pay for the apprenticeship. The apprenticeship is government funded so you as a learner do not for anything. You are paid a salary as you are an employee but in regards to you paying for your training that is not true.

Please give me a call or reply to this email as I would like to discuss further opportunities with you.

Thanks
"
Now as for the "government funded" part I'm pretty sure what they'd mean by that is a grant, if i'm incorrect let me know but from the reviews I've read about them faking reviews and people wasting their time on these courses to get nothing out of it, it all seems like a big carefully worded scam to me. Let me know what you think/know because I don't wanna mess up my opportunities but I'm sick of wasting my money and time to get to these places then finding out their schemes.
Apprenticeships Advice
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by TerryAP)
Hi, I recently got called up by Just IT and was told to come in on Friday to which I found out afterward infact people have to pay for the training which I proceeded to email them back after the confirmation to let them know that I will not be attending to which they called me up and I promptly hung because I've had this happen to me quite a couple of times now and I'm getting fed up with the lies and deception of these types of companies to which they proceeded to email me:
"
Hi Terry,

You do not pay for the apprenticeship. The apprenticeship is government funded so you as a learner do not for anything. You are paid a salary as you are an employee but in regards to you paying for your training that is not true.

Please give me a call or reply to this email as I would like to discuss further opportunities with you.

Thanks
"
Now as for the "government funded" part I'm pretty sure what they'd mean by that is a grant, if i'm incorrect let me know but from the reviews I've read about them faking reviews and people wasting their time on these courses to get nothing out of it, it all seems like a big carefully worded scam to me. Let me know what you think/know because I don't wanna mess up my opportunities but I'm sick of wasting my money and time to get to these places then finding out their schemes.
Hey Terry,

You do not need to pay for anything. The government provides funds for the employer to put the apprentices through the whole process. You do not need to pay for any training whatsoever, your employer should not be asking for this either.

I have completed a level 3 apprenticeship in business administration and received my certificates, I’m now undertaking a level 4 apprenticeship and I’ve never been asked to pay for anything, the employer covers it all.

The best way to look for apprenticeships would be through the GOV.UK ‘find an apprenticeship’ website which I will provide bellow. You’ve done a correct thing by rejecting the offer as I mentioned above you should not incur any costs. Your training should be subsidised, and you should receive 20% off the job training.

Terry could you provide me with full details of the company and the persons you’ve spoken to? We would like to investigate this matter further. If you could send these as a direct message, please.

I hope this helps to clear up the scenario, please let me know if you have any further queries.

https://www.gov.uk/apply-apprenticeship

Regards
Paul
TerryAP
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Apprenticeships Advice)
Hey Terry,

You do not need to pay for anything. The government provides funds for the employer to put the apprentices through the whole process. You do not need to pay for any training whatsoever, your employer should not be asking for this either.

I have completed a level 3 apprenticeship in business administration and received my certificates, I’m now undertaking a level 4 apprenticeship and I’ve never been asked to pay for anything, the employer covers it all.

The best way to look for apprenticeships would be through the GOV.UK ‘find an apprenticeship’ website which I will provide bellow. You’ve done a correct thing by rejecting the offer as I mentioned above you should not incur any costs. Your training should be subsidised, and you should receive 20% off the job training.

Terry could you provide me with full details of the company and the persons you’ve spoken to? We would like to investigate this matter further. If you could send these as a direct message, please.

I hope this helps to clear up the scenario, please let me know if you have any further queries.

https://www.gov.uk/apply-apprenticeship

Regards
Paul
Hi, i will be further discussing the opportunities with them over the phone this afternoon they contacted me again and asked me to in order to straighten out things and set things right so I will let you know if there is anything shady like having to pay for the apprenticeship. Thanks for the reply.
Last edited by TerryAP; 3 weeks ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

What's your favourite genre?

Rock (115)
24.78%
Pop (108)
23.28%