Are 10 7's at GCSE good enough for Oxbridge? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I got 10 7's at GCSE and i was wondering whether those grades would be good enough to apply to Oxbridge
TheCrypticOne
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I got 10 7's at GCSE and i was wondering whether those grades would be good enough to apply to Oxbridge
Forgot Oxbridge, do a degree appreniceship instead. They're waaayyyy better
MrMcCormick
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I was reading through the Oxford entry criteria yesterday -- your GCSEs aren't the only single deciding factor, and at least as much emphasis is placed on your performance at interview, your UCAS statement, your entrance exam results, and your predicted A-Levels. They consider a 7 to be equivalent to an A, and 8/9 to be equally weighted to A* -- in other words, a clean sweep of 7s would definitely be sufficient, provided that you perform well in entrance exams, interviews and A-Levels or IB.
Anonymous #2
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
You did amazing! i got similar grades as you and I'm considering applying for oxbridge for the heck of it, tbf though oxford is more focused on GCSE grades compare to Cambridge so I'm leaning onto applying to cambridge lol . so Long you can get at least two A*'s and an A in year 12. gradewise you can be a good candidate. In addition they look for more than grades such as extra studying, extra stuff etc. In addition I'm not too sure but you would be at an extra advantage if you went to a bad school with and average of a grade 3 and got 7s. but I think with thoses grades you might have a chance. Good luck for the future!
nells45581
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
This is the point at which you start pulling your socks up. Those grades will be below average for Oxbridge applicants, so now you have to start making up for that. Work as hard as possible at A-Level to get a good couple of A*s predicted, and then apply for Cambridge, not Oxford - Cambridge are more inclined to look favourably on improvement over time. Do a lot of extra reading, big your subject up in your personal statement, smash your entrance assessment, smash your interview, and you're fine. It's a tall order, but I'm sure you can do it <3
Sinnoh
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=6033950

yes.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Stirling
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Thu, 26 Sep '19
  • Heriot-Watt University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Scottish Borders Campus Undergraduate
    Fri, 27 Sep '19
  • Royal Holloway, University of London
    Undergraduate open day Undergraduate
    Sat, 28 Sep '19

It is really important for me to be involved in helping make my university better

Strongly disagree (9)
8.91%
Disagree (5)
4.95%
Neither agree or disagree (32)
31.68%
Agree (40)
39.6%
Strongly Agree (15)
14.85%

Watched Threads