Cats007
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Hi
I'm not sure if this is in the right section, but I wondered if anyone could offer some advice. I'm starting a schools direct pgce this September, but haven't received a timetable or start date from my school yet, so am starting to worry. When do most people find out their start dates? I'm assuming I'll get an email at the start of term but want to put my mind at ease. I'm also assuming the first day of term is a staff development day and that'll be the day all admin is done, but there's no information on the schools website so I don't know for sure it is a development day.
Trying to stop my mind over thinking and reassure myself the school know what they are doing.
DauntlessKilljoy
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Sorry, i don't have answer to your question; instead I have another question: When you applied for your school direct through UCAS did you put the lead school's UCAS code in? like, instead of the university it was in partnership with's code?
meirariem
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
If it makes you feel any better, my school don’t have a clue when I’m supposed to be starting! I have three induction days next week with the training partners so I’m hoping I’ll learn then. Do you have any similar days in August?
Cats007
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by meirariem)
If it makes you feel any better, my school don’t have a clue when I’m supposed to be starting! I have three induction days next week with the training partners so I’m hoping I’ll learn then. Do you have any similar days in August?
Hi. Nope nothing. In the end I emailed the course leader who said I start on the 2nd. No idea what time or anything, so just going toto turn up around 8. I asked about an induction day and they said they don't do any inductions. They seem so poorly organised, and in hindsight I wish I'd gone through another provider but I guess its only for 1 year. Good luck with your training!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What's your favourite genre?

Rock (188)
23.98%
Pop (191)
24.36%
Jazz (30)
3.83%
Classical (46)
5.87%
Hip-Hop (148)
18.88%