The Student Room Group

GCSE grades- Cambridge

Would 4 9's, 5 8's and a 7 be good enough to be considered for Cambridge land Economy??

(I did my GCSES in 2018)
Yep, that's a decent set of results. They say they won't differentiate between 9s and 8s, so to all intents and purposes you have 9 A*s, which is more than enough to not hinder the rest of your application. A-Level predicted grades are more important though, so keep it up! :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by nells45581
Yep, that's a decent set of results. They say they won't differentiate between 9s and 8s, so to all intents and purposes you have 9 A*s, which is more than enough to not hinder the rest of your application. A-Level predicted grades are more important though, so keep it up! :smile:

That's really useful and encouraging to hear, thank you!
Original post by nells45581

Hey, would you say 7 A*s (8s & 9s) with 3 As and 1 B is good enough for Cambridge Engineering? The B (6) is in English Literature which is off for remark, and I'm also remarking Comp. Sci which is a 7 too (because I got a 9 in the mocks)
Original post by MoAaronson
Hey, would you say 7 A*s (8s & 9s) with 3 As and 1 B is good enough for Cambridge Engineering? The B (6) is in English Literature which is off for remark, and I'm also remarking Comp. Sci which is a 7 too (because I got a 9 in the mocks)

Definitely. I know someone who got an offer for engineering at Churchill college, Cambridge, and their GCSEs weren't as good as yours. What really matters is your A-levels.
Reply 5
Original post by AGrizzlyBearo
Definitely. I know someone who got an offer for engineering at Churchill college, Cambridge, and their GCSEs weren't as good as yours. What really matters is your A-levels.

And the admissions assessment. I think it's more important than A-level predicted grades

Okay, thanks for that. Would you say it's competitive enough for more competitive colleges, like Jesus College? Obviously assuming that everything else like the admissions test etc. goes well.
Okay, thanks for that. Would you say it's competitive enough for more competitive colleges, like Jesus College? Obviously assuming that everything else like the admissions test etc. goes well.

Yep, I'd say so. Cambridge doesn't have any GCSE requirements. They'd only serve as a bit of a performance indicator, and generally they expect you to have at least 4 or 5 a's or a*'s - which your results exceed.

Good luck!
(edited 4 years ago)
Yep, I'd say so. Cambridge doesn't have any GCSE requirements. They'd only serve as a bit of a performance indicator, and generally they expect you to have at least 4 or 5 a's or a*'s - which your results exceed.

Good luck!

Thank you! :-)

Yes, that's absolutely fine as well. Again, A-Level predicted grades are far more important.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending