History A-Level NEA AQA- Martin Luther King Jr. and the Civil Rights Movement

Watch
Cwena
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hello there. I'm currently writing my History NEA and am really struggling with how to structure it and especially with finding historical interpretations. Any help would be greatly appreciated - thank you!
The question is:
"To what extent was Martin Luther King the most successful Civil Rights activist in terms of bettering the lives of Black Americans between 1861-1968?"
Last edited by Cwena; 2 years ago
mari4
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Cwena)
Hello there. I'm currently writing my History NEA and am really struggling with how to structure it and especially with finding historical interpretations. Any help would be greatly appreciated - thank you!
The question is:
"To what extent was Martin Luther King the most successful Civil Rights activist in terms of bettering the lives of Black Americans between 1861-1968?"
hi sorry this was never answered. I'm currently doing my coursework with the same title and I'm struggling to find interpretations too, I would really appreciate if you could share any you found x
gracekennedy2004
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Cwena)
The question is:
hey did u end up finding any good differing interpretations? i have a similar question and can’t find any saying MLK wasn’t the most influential factor
alulaEclipse
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by gracekennedy2004)
hey did u end up finding any good differing interpretations? i have a similar question and can’t find any saying MLK wasn’t the most influential factor
Hi! Here are a few:

Clayborne Carson - Charismatic leadership in a mass struggle
https://kinginstitute.stanford.edu/s...s_struggle.pdf
(Arguing that MLK had important contributions, but the movement could have been successful without him)

August Meier - On the role of MLK
-Book
(Focusing on organizations, other civil rights figures, his appeal to white America and how violence was important in furthering civil rights)

Barbara Ransby - Ella Baker and the black freedom movement
https://edisciplinas.usp.br/pluginfi...om_Movemen.pdf
(Focusing on Ella Baker and what she did for the movement as well as King's role)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (284)
57.72%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (67)
13.62%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (53)
10.77%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (42)
8.54%
I haven't started researching yet (26)
5.28%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (20)
4.07%

Watched Threads