My school does two gcses a year early

Watch
Hana.N.A
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
My school does BTeC computing and re a year early and in BTeC I got the highest mark in the entire year but in re I got a grade 6.My mum was extremely disappointed in me and kept comparing me to my cousins and my friends. She made me feel so low and kept saying that at this rate you are going to work in a shop. I didnt try very hard when revising for my re but I saw the result of that and am determined to work hard now but she still made me feel like nothing and has told me that my holidays have ended two weeks early and that i have to revise non stop from now which I am ok with but the way she said it to me made me feel upset. She wasnt even happy with my distinction star that I got in BTeC which I was told was extremely hard and only me and another student achieved it.
Last edited by Hana.N.A; 1 year ago
Mumofson
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
You’ve done really well and you need to hear that !

I’m sorry your mum seems very strict about your results so it’s probably not much help saying it’s only RE . My children’s school does RE early too perhaps if it helps the situation at home you could enquire about resitting it next year.

Congratulations once again
Hana.N.A
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by Mumofson)
You’ve done really well and you need to hear that !

I’m sorry your mum seems very strict about your results so it’s probably not much help saying it’s only RE . My children’s school does RE early too perhaps if it helps the situation at home you could enquire about resitting it next year.

Congratulations once again
Thank you so much
I have told her that it is only re but she doesnt listen.
We are not allowed to resit
Mumofson
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hopefully give her a day to get over it and casually drop into conversation about a few friends BTeC results and say it’s a great feeling being top of your school

Perhaps talk about getting some new stationary ready for September so you show her you’re already getting organised to go back to school.

You should feel very proud I’m sorry it took away from your achievements today
BlueIndigoViolet
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I'm sorry to hear that, imo you won;t be sitting there at 80 years wondering why you had to get a 6 in religious studies back then.

Make sure you work hard and diligently for the exams next year.

Best of luck to you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (191)
43.71%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (49)
11.21%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (35)
8.01%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (91)
20.82%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (46)
10.53%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (25)
5.72%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise