The Student Room Group

do you agree that people should not be called snithces when

Anon-

when they are reporting big things like being bullied or being harassed or abused etc. I was bullied in school and I had to tell someone as a last resort. I was then called a snitch but to me what they did was much worse. I have realised that in schools if you tell on someone you are bullied into being called a snitch which is frustrating because now people wont complain and stand up for themselves and seek help when in trouble.

For me snitching would be if someone told on you just so that you can get in trouble. For example if you dropped some drink on the floor and another complained to an inspector that would be snitching? whereas if someone made you upset and you just went and told your boss that you don't want to work there and that someone made you upset , to me that's not snitching because the other person genuinely was wrong ( as well as the fact that the person didn't solely want the other to just get in trouble but to also leave)

Do you agree?
Reply 1
Bullies do not want you to speak out and that’s how it continues , it takes a lot to speak out as so many people suffer in silence whilst other look away knowing it’s happening yet say nothing . So hold your head high

Do what’s right by you
Reply 2
There's nothing intrinsically wrong with reporting someone doing something wrong, especially if it's in self defence. The 'grey' area is when you report something that you do yourself.

Quick Reply

Latest