The Student Room Group

Doctor wants another blood sample in 2 months time...

I've been feeling a little odd for the last few months so i went to my doctors yesterday and had a blood test.
This morning i receive a phone call asking if i can go back in 2 months time to get another blood test taken.The thing is, the receptionist never told me what the tests came back as or if it was serious or not... just that i need another in 2 months.Should i be concerned by this? what could be the reason to have another one done in 2 months time?
The best person to ask would be your doctor. However I have had this before and for me it was because a result was slightly off but not severely concerning so they wanted to see if it got better.
Reply 2
Original post by Hakwe
I've been feeling a little odd for the last few months so i went to my doctors yesterday and had a blood test.
This morning i receive a phone call asking if i can go back in 2 months time to get another blood test taken.The thing is, the receptionist never told me what the tests came back as or if it was serious or not... just that i need another in 2 months.Should i be concerned by this? what could be the reason to have another one done in 2 months time?

Usually it's because it's something that can naturally change over time (like there are some things that will be higher or lower if you've been ill recently or depending on what you've eaten) and they want to see if your levels are consistently like that or if something threw them off.
If you want to know the results you can phone the surgery and just ask for your test results. They should phone you if there's anything off or that needs treatment anyway. You should probably book an appointment with your GP either way because if the tests were fine you may need other ones to try to find what's making you feel unwell and if they were off you can discuss what to do about it.

Quick Reply

Latest