The Student Room Group

Good insurance uni for law?

Hi,
I am looking for some universities that have an entrance rate lower than AAB for my insurance. One with interesting teachers on the course and a busy and cultured area but not as busy as London.

Thanks.
I could literally give you a list, but don’t you have any preferences? Do you want to be in a specific location? Do you qualify for contextual offers? Will you do the LNAT? What other universities are you applying to?
Original post by Aaryra
I could literally give you a list, but don’t you have any preferences? Do you want to be in a specific location? Do you qualify for contextual offers? Will you do the LNAT? What other universities are you applying to?

I am also applying to Bristol, Exeter and Durham so need a few more. I will do the LNAT if needs be. No area too up north. Defiantly not further than Durham as I’m from Gloucestershire so anywhere in this area or up to 4 hours away is preferable. No I don’t qualify for contextual offers.
Durham is very up North. There are few places more north. You're basically saying "not Newcastle".
No sorry I phrased that wrong. Durham was a reach for me. I’m not a fan of the distance. Not Scotland either.
Liverpool(ABB)/Lancaster(AAB) are both solid insurance choices for law. I'm aware that you asked for entry reqs lower than AAB but if you give UNISTATS a look you'll see that no uni apart from Oxbridge/Kings/UCL/LSE stringently follows the rule. With a BBB it's highly likely you'd get accepted into either
Original post by unichoices_help
I am also applying to Bristol, Exeter and Durham so need a few more. I will do the LNAT if needs be. No area too up north. Defiantly not further than Durham as I’m from Gloucestershire so anywhere in this area or up to 4 hours away is preferable. No I don’t qualify for contextual offers.

You don't really need to choose an insurance at this point, so don't understand why you're asking this now.

AAB. There are a bunch of unis which will accept this either at giving offer or on results day. Warwick, Exeter, Cardiff, Manchester, Liverpool (offers ABB but takes in BBB on results day), Surrey, Southampton. Notts regularly takes in less than AAA.

Ignore stated offer. That's PR and doesn't usually indicate the grades they actually require.
Original post by unichoices_help

What are your actual predictions? I assume you're predicted at least A*AA, I think Exeter wants AAA-AAB (don't know much about Ex) so something like Lancaster or Sheffield? I don't think it's too important to stress about it though, there's always UCAS Extra if you're worried about not getting offers, and Clearing if you don't make it. Any AAB/ABB university will be fine, choose one you like.

Notts I believe offered a few people AAB this year if they aced their LNAT - someone I know got 31 and an AAB offer.

You will have to do the LNAT. Bristol and Durham require it.
Original post by Aaryra
Notts I believe offered a few people AAB this year if they aced their LNAT - someone I know got 31 and an AAB offer.

Not necessarily. I was made an AAB offer from Notts and I got the 2018/19 average: 23
Original post by sly_southafrican
Not necessarily. I was made an AAB offer from Notts and I got the 2018/19 average: 23

Good for you

Hit any contextual markers?
Original post by Notoriety
Hit any contextual markers?

Assuming that all universities that give contextual offers do so on an identical basis, probably not. I was aware that Bristol did them and I was still made an offer of A*AA.
Assuming that all universities that give contextual offers do so on an identical basis, probably not. I was aware that Bristol did them and I was still made an offer of A*AA.

are you a refugee
Original post by Notoriety
are you a refugee

Does fleeing London count?
Does fleeing London count?

Depends what part.

But yeah that's the only difference I can see between Notts and Bristol. The former looks at refugee status in giving contextuals.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending