The Student Room Group

Animal-related jobs/experience

Hey guys!
I've been wanting to get involved in opportunities to work with animals for a while now and now that I'm approaching the accepted age limit, I was wondering if anyone knew jobs I could do? Things such as, but not limited to, pet shops, animal charities, or veterinarian practices.
I am sixteen and have already done work experience on a farm and orchard, and joined a plethora of animal charities but have a lack of things to do.
Thanks!
It will be difficult because of you're age but there will definitely be something! :smile:

What was you thinking of? Did you want first hand experiences with animals themselves or would you be up to doing voluntary work where you possibly wouldn't be working with animals but would be able to support them in other ways?

Have you considered working in a charity shop such as the RSPCA charity shop? Fundraising to support animals? Volunteer dog walking?
Volunteering at a local pet shelter? Could you call up a local veterinarian and ask to shadow someone?
Original post by Reviser28
Hey guys!
I've been wanting to get involved in opportunities to work with animals for a while now and now that I'm approaching the accepted age limit, I was wondering if anyone knew jobs I could do? Things such as, but not limited to, pet shops, animal charities, or veterinarian practices.
I am sixteen and have already done work experience on a farm and orchard, and joined a plethora of animal charities but have a lack of things to do.
Thanks!

How about a local cattery or kennels?
Or a local rspca, cats protection centre etc.
Reply 3
Original post by KarmaKit
It will be difficult because of you're age but there will definitely be something! :smile:

What was you thinking of? Did you want first hand experiences with animals themselves or would you be up to doing voluntary work where you possibly wouldn't be working with animals but would be able to support them in other ways?

Have you considered working in a charity shop such as the RSPCA charity shop? Fundraising to support animals? Volunteer dog walking?
Volunteering at a local pet shelter? Could you call up a local veterinarian and ask to shadow someone?

I would love first hand experience but I also would love to volunteer and show my support wherever I can. It's just important to me to have this experience because I have found I have not got a lot of it!
Thank you so much for your suggestions- I never even thought to ask to shadow my local veterinarian!!
Fingers crossed!
Reply 4
Original post by Emma:-)
How about a local cattery or kennels?
Or a local rspca, cats protection centre etc.

I don't have many local catteries and kennels but I do have some pdsa and cats protection shops near me- I'll try those!
Thank you~

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending