lana.xo
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I got quite bad grades for my end of year 10 mocks that are going to my sixth forms. I got one 7, a few 6s, 2 5s and 2 4s. I know I can get better than that and work harder but for now that's what I'm going to have to apply with. Are these grades good enough for a decent sixth form like Latimer Upper or Harris Westminster?
readyplayer2wo
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
firstly your grades are well good so don't fret
id say don't think too much of it. one person from my school did a lot worse and got into xavarian. youll probs get in. and anyways on results day next year you can try to enroll again if you don't get a place (which im sure you will) as a late entry or something or call them. anyway im sure youll get a place but if you don't, on results day some ppl might drop out of the sixth form you want to go to and then you could take their place If you called early enough.

anyway your grades are good and im sure youll get into the sixth form of your choice.

hope this helped (It definitely didn't but lol ok)
lana.xo
Rep:
?
(Original post by readyplayer2wo)
firstly your grades are well good so don't fret
id say don't think too much of it. one person from my school did a lot worse and got into xavarian. youll probs get in. and anyways on results day next year you can try to enroll again if you don't get a place (which im sure you will) as a late entry or something or call them. anyway im sure youll get a place but if you don't, on results day some ppl might drop out of the sixth form you want to go to and then you could take their place If you called early enough.

anyway your grades are good and im sure youll get into the sixth form of your choice.

hope this helped (It definitely didn't but lol ok)
this definitely helped thank you for your kind words and advice. i just feel like i am competing against some of the smartest people in the country who are already getting grades like 9s and 8s and i cant even get like 2 7s. i got rlly bad in my most important subjects (2 5s in english, 6 is maths and 6 in all of my sciences) and i feel like private sixth forms wouldn't give me a scholarship or a bursary or even accept me in the first place. and i feel like these r honestly the best of the best im ever gonna get. ive tried so many ways to revise and improve before the real exams next year but i just dont seem to be improving. i try not to think about it too much but its been taking up the majority of my thoughts these past 2 months. i just dont want to disappoint anyone, especially myself
Last edited by lana.xo; 1 year ago
readyplayer2wo
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by lana.xo)
this definitely helped thank you for your kind words and advice. i just feel like i am competing against some of the smartest people in the country who are already getting grades like 9s and 8s and i cant even get like 2 7s. i got rlly bad in my most important subjects (2 5s in english, 6 is maths and 6 in all of my sciences) and i feel like private sixth forms wouldn't give me a scholarship or a bursary or even accept me in the first place. and i feel like these r honestly the best of the best im ever gonna get. ive tried so many ways to revise and improve before the real exams next year but i just dont seem to be improving. i try not to think about it too much but its been taking up the majority of my thoughts these past 2 months. i just dont want to disappoint anyone, especially myself
you know what, you are competing against some of the smartest people in the country but so what. you smart too and you're probs underestimating yourself, you never know, you might be one of the smartest people in the country and even if your not right now you can become one of them. tbh you don't even need to be smart in the book wise sort of way to ace exams, you just need to do loads of past papers to know the sort of questions they'll ask, even old spec past papers are useful too and you need to find trends in the sort of questions the exam boards ask.

I also feel like you want to do well and have motivation, that's why you're here, starting this thread because you want to do well. you just need to try your best and you'll be able to not only get into a private or academic sixth form (because trust me your grades are not bad) but ace your exams too.

also, you may think you'll do bad but trust me, you wont. loads of people from my school (and me) did way better than they expected this morning at results day so youll be fine. you just need to try your best and work hard and you will get all 9s and 8s.
lana.xo
Rep:
?
(Original post by readyplayer2wo)
you know what, you are competing against some of the smartest people in the country but so what. you smart too and you're probs underestimating yourself, you never know, you might be one of the smartest people in the country and even if your not right now you can become one of them. tbh you don't even need to be smart in the book wise sort of way to ace exams, you just need to do loads of past papers to know the sort of questions they'll ask, even old spec past papers are useful too and you need to find trends in the sort of questions the exam boards ask.

I also feel like you want to do well and have motivation, that's why you're here, starting this thread because you want to do well. you just need to try your best and you'll be able to not only get into a private or academic sixth form (because trust me your grades are not bad) but ace your exams too.

also, you may think you'll do bad but trust me, you wont. loads of people from my school (and me) did way better than they expected this morning at results day so youll be fine. you just need to try your best and work hard and you will get all 9s and 8s.
that acc helped me quite a lot lmao. thank you for that. ill definitely try to look at past papers more if thats what seems to help. but im glad u did well in ur gcses i really hope i am smart enough to do really well and exceed my expectations. thank you again for ur kind words and advice
readyplayer2wo
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by lana.xo)
that acc helped me quite a lot lmao. thank you for that. ill definitely try to look at past papers more if thats what seems to help. but im glad u did well in ur gcses i really hope i am smart enough to do really well and exceed my expectations. thank you again for ur kind words and advice
omg i havent been on tsr for AAAAGGEESS and this was one of the first notifications i saw lol. Anyway is there any update on whether you got into a good 6th form or how your results went? (lol sorry if this is really nosey)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (88)
21.62%
No (319)
78.38%

Watched Threads