KE216
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
im in a stressful dilemma and I failed the numeracy test by 12 marks( 2 attempt and 7 marks the firstt attempt... I feel gutted... and dont know what to do? I have already passed the english it is just the numeracy.Ive used numeracy ready for the first time today and scored 15/28 but i feel like i have lost so much hope;as the first attempt i was 7 marks behind now its 12.
the deadline for the uni is 31st August.
Mr M
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
This Skills Test is being abolished soon. If you don't pass, you can still become a teacher - you may just need to wait one year.

You're not too badly adrift. Can you concentrate on your weak areas over the next week and try to improve by this relatively small number of marks?
German123
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Mr M)
This Skills Test is being abolished soon. If you don't pass, you can still become a teacher - you may just need to wait one year.

You're not too badly adrift. Can you concentrate on your weak areas over the next week and try to improve by this relatively small number of marks?

Out of topic but do you think its better to be a maths teacher in an all girls secondary school or mixed or boys school? out of your experience?
Mr M
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by German123)
Out of topic but do you think its better to be a maths teacher in an all girls secondary school or mixed or boys school? out of your experience?
I have only taught mixed so don't actually have the experience to answer this question.
KE216
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Mr M)

I FAILED BY 7 MARKS again... i feel so disheartned but i know i can pass i just the question i haven't come across some of the questions before which threw me off and i panicked
Last edited by KE216; 3 weeks ago
tomlam
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Mr M)
This Skills Test is being abolished soon.
It's been announced that they're gonna be scrapped, but there's no telling of when. Plus, new government on the block so different priorities.

(Original post by KE216)
I FAILED BY 7 MARKS again... i feel so disheartned but i know i can pass i just the question i haven't come across some of the questions before which threw me off and i panicked
I think the main goal of the skills tests is to assess your ability to read information and work through problems. There is nothing on the test that you haven't seen already; the stuff that looks different can be broken up into bitesize chunks and solved. Do you remember any questions that you struggled with?
Mr M
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by tomlam)
It's been announced that they're gonna be scrapped, but there's no telling of when.
That's not correct. They end in 2020 - this is the final year.
KE216
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by tomlam)
It's been announced that they're gonna be scrapped, but there's no telling of when. Plus, new government on the block so different priorities.

I think the main goal of the skills tests is to assess your ability to read information and work through problems. There is nothing on the test that you haven't seen already; the stuff that looks different can be broken up into bitesize chunks and solved. Do you remember any questions that you struggled with?
its was mostly measurement questions on the mental artimetic question section
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What's your favourite genre?

Rock (188)
23.98%
Pop (191)
24.36%
Jazz (30)
3.83%
Classical (46)
5.87%
Hip-Hop (148)
18.88%