Options and where I can go

Watch
Jessemae
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I'm going into my second year of college and recently during the first have taken my first lot of gcses ever. The results u got today are 2 in math and 3 in English language. I believe I was a few marks off a 4 like I always am with mocks however my maths is a huge issue, I don't think I will ever pass because I just can't do the equations. Always out in one ear and out the other; I was wondering if anybody knows if its possible to succeed without them. I know many older people who have but things change and now I'm certain I won't be able to become a counsellor or therapist. Theres a specific type I would like to be but giving the general information..
I was wondering if anybody knows if its possible and if theres anywhere to volunteer to help my chances as I could add them to my CV
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Jessemae)
I'm going into my second year of college and recently during the first have taken my first lot of gcses ever. The results u got today are 2 in math and 3 in English language. I believe I was a few marks off a 4 like I always am with mocks however my maths is a huge issue, I don't think I will ever pass because I just can't do the equations. Always out in one ear and out the other; I was wondering if anybody knows if its possible to succeed without them. I know many older people who have but things change and now I'm certain I won't be able to become a counsellor or therapist. Theres a specific type I would like to be but giving the general information..
I was wondering if anybody knows if its possible and if theres anywhere to volunteer to help my chances as I could add them to my CV
Tutor
Practice.
Decent revision books.
It wont just be equations that is holding you back.
If you cant cope with higher, then do foundation.
If you cant cope with foundation then do functional skills level 2.

Dont panic just get organised. Next opportunity is November. If you expect to do a degree you need English and Maths.
https://www.mathsgenie.co.uk/gcse.html
https://mathsmadeeasy.co.uk/gcse-maths-revision/

Volunteer on https://do-it.org/
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you don't put your camera on in online lessons, why is that?

My teacher doesn't want us to (39)
18.06%
No one else does (71)
32.87%
I'm embarrassed about my background (21)
9.72%
I feel self-conscious showing my face (73)
33.8%
We don't use a video platform (3)
1.39%
I don't have a camera (4)
1.85%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (5)
2.31%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise