The Student Room Group

Is 4 alright for GCSE Maths?

Good day!
I was just wondering whether a grade 4 in maths is alright, or if you'd have to retake the exam?
And what about a 6 in English language?
Are those bad grades?
No, they are not bad they grades! In fact their great :smile: don’t be so hard on yourself, be proud of your achievements!
Original post by Hazzabear
No, they are not bad they grades! In fact their great :smile: don’t be so hard on yourself, be proud of your achievements!

Thanks ❤🙈
Original post by Vanessa Rose 01
Good day!
I was just wondering whether a grade 4 in maths is alright, or if you'd have to retake the exam?
Are those bad grades?

They are both passes and a 6 is much better than just a pass so you have nothing to worry about :smile: well done!
Not in this universe
Reply 5
grade 4 is fine, dont let anyone judge u about it as u passed so be proud of urself
Original post by emilybond:)
They are both passes and a 6 is much better than just a pass so you have nothing to worry about :smile: well done!

Thank you.
I felt dreadful when I read my results... I guess I just have high expectations in myself so I was really disappointed with those grades
Reply 7
as long as u got 4's u should be fine, at least u can progress to the next level, whats ur plans?
If you have good results in your gcses but have only 4 and 6 in math and english, would that impede entry into university, or would you find it difficult getting accepted?
If you have good results in your gcses but have only 4 and 6 in math and english, would that impede entry into university, or would you find it difficult getting accepted?

Depends on what u wanna do in the future really
Good day!
Are those bad grades?

Those grades are fine - most colleges and universities look for grade 4 or higher in both maths and English. However, if you want to study maths/further maths in college/uni the entry requirements might be higher but it depends on the college/uni - as long as they are grade 4 and higher, you should be fine in terms of furthering your education.
Original post by Yiling_Patriarch
Those grades are fine - most colleges and universities look for grade 4 or higher in both maths and English. However, if you want to study maths/further maths in college/uni the entry requirements might be higher but it depends on the college/uni - as long as they are grade 4 and higher, you should be fine in terms of furthering your education.

Thank you... I really needed this:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest