The Student Room Group

Gcse results - pathway to law

So I wanted to become a solicitor until today , I received my GCSE results !
I was wondering wether I could get into a Russel group university (university of Birmingham or university of Leicester ) with thee GCSE grades I got .

Maths-6
RS-6
English lit-7
English Lang -6
History-5
French -4
Drama -4
Science -4

As long as I got good a levels , would I be considered to get in ?
Original post by samisikander
I was wondering wether I could get into a Russel group university (university of Birmingham or university of Leicester ) with thee GCSE grades I got .

Maths-6
RS-6
English lit-7
English Lang -6
History-5
French -4
Drama -4
Science -4

I don't see why you wouldn't get into your desired university and/or college. Most entry requirements for Russell group universities are grade 4 or higher in maths and English. But, to be honest, A-levels would be more important in determining whether you get into your desired course at university.

With those grades, it is most likely you'll get into your desired college and choose your desired courses - just make sure that you study hard in A-levels as, with wanting to be a solicitor, you would need really good college grades in law and other solicitor-related subjects; the higher grades you get for A-level, the better your chances as I know from going to university open days that some Russell group universities get 2000+ applications for one course but only have 70 spaces (this is the case for my desired paramedic practice course at university)

Congratulations on your GCSEs and good luck for the future.
GCSE's are not really that important for uni applications, its more important you get good a level predicted grades. I see no reason why they wouldn't give you offer.

Congratulations on your gcses!
B'ham and Leicester (I don't think) are exactly in a position to be putting a lot of weight on GCSEs. You should be fine.
Original post by samisikander

Maths-6
RS-6
English lit-7
English Lang -6
History-5
French -4
Drama -4
Science -4

It's easy enough to check on each uni's website. These are the entry requirements for Leicester, for example

https://le.ac.uk/courses/law-llb/2020

Note that they only require a GCSE grade 4 in English Language and that altough their stated A level requirements are ABB, they are currently in Clearing offering people places on their LLB course with BBB (Leiester is not actually RG but Birmingham is)
(edited 4 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending