The Student Room Group

Are GCSE’s as hard as they seem?

Are GCSE’s as hard as they seem? How do I stop myself from panicking and getting worried?
They aren't.

The buildup creates this high stage where you envisage yourself at the bottom, with proper planning and revision you won't be worried.
Original post by Beccaaa-
Are GCSE’s as hard as they seem? How do I stop myself from panicking and getting worried?

How old are you?
Assuming you're about to start year 11 I'd say that they aren't as difficult as they may seem at first, provided that you put in the effort. Also the time literally FLIES by which might seem overwhelming but honestly as long as you're efficient you'll do fine. Good luck!
Reply 3
Original post by Elijah.b27
How old are you?
Assuming you're about to start year 11 I'd say that they aren't as difficult as they may seem at first, provided that you put in the effort. Also the time literally FLIES by which might seem overwhelming but honestly as long as you're efficient you'll do fine. Good luck!

Ok, thanks! I’m about to start year 11 and my teachers are putting A TON of pressure on me to get a “clean sweep”
Damn high expectations is that a clean sweep of 9s , 8s or 7,8 and 9a
Oops meant to put 7s,8s and 9s
not at all, theyll only be hard if u do no revision at all the whole of yr11
Mocks were more scary in my opinion
No, GCSEs are a walk in the park. If you leave everything till May then yeah they're hard.
Yeah, I’m only going into year ten but all the teachers make such a massive deal about it and make it seem super scary. Which is probably why I’m quite anxious/ worried!
No it’s fine honestly
Passing them is not a worry unless u do no revision
I found them easy!!!!
One or two papers but the rest...
Wow
I thought it will would alll be so hard
So having completed my GCSE's and getting my results today, I would say it depends on the subject but overall the mocks are hard and this is generally to scare you into realizing how hard you have to work. It may sound cliché but as long as you keep your head down and work as hard as you can then you should do well. I worked my butt off revising and it got me 3x7's, 3x6's and 3x5's
Reply 14
Original post by GCSEstudent:(
Damn high expectations is that a clean sweep of 9s , 8s or 7,8 and 9a

They want at least 8’s... it’s tough
Reply 15
Original post by joshua_sutton_07
So having completed my GCSE's and getting my results today, I would say it depends on the subject but overall the mocks are hard and this is generally to scare you into realizing how hard you have to work. It may sound cliché but as long as you keep your head down and work as hard as you can then you should do well. I worked my butt off revising and it got me 3x7's, 3x6's and 3x5's

Well done!
Thanks
Original post by joshua_sutton_07
Thanks

Wow
How do u work ur butt off?
I do mostly lazy revision.....
Can u give me advice?
Lol I’m going into yr 12 but just wanna k this

Quick Reply

Latest