The_RobDob
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I'm confused about the English portfolio, how do you get the marks? is there specific things you must include?

in NAT 5 my portfolio mark pulled down my overall grade, my teacher said I would definitely get high 20s and that they were very good essays, but instead in got 15 for both.

now I'm at higher, I want to improve this so I can (hopefully) get a better mark!

if it helps I'm doing a persuasive essay at the moment. it's due in pretty soon so my teacher (different one) can give feedback.

thanks for anything!
ravenshill
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hi,
It is very disappointing when your teacher thinks your work is very good and the marker then disagrees. I got 25/30 in my Nat5 portfolio. My discursive which was writing from experience discussing health care and my creative essay was a war story. I sometimes overthink what I'm writing so I tended to get straight to the point this time. I sometimes wish I kept my discursive for my higher portfolio as I enjoyed doing it and knew it was different. I went over my work a few times too as made some grammar mistakes and changed some wording to improve it. Good luck
The_RobDob
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
well done on your result!
I wasn't exactly clear on how to pick up more marks (still not tbh) I know the basics like make little grammer mistakes but apart from that I am clueless

here's hoping it'll be better for higher!

good luck!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Stirling
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Thu, 26 Sep '19
  • Heriot-Watt University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Scottish Borders Campus Undergraduate
    Fri, 27 Sep '19
  • Royal Holloway, University of London
    Undergraduate open day Undergraduate
    Sat, 28 Sep '19

It is really important for me to be involved in helping make my university better

Strongly disagree (2)
9.09%
Disagree (2)
9.09%
Neither agree or disagree (7)
31.82%
Agree (6)
27.27%
Strongly Agree (5)
22.73%

Watched Threads