liv_ama
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
hey! is anyone going to be doing fashion contour this year? X
Anonymous #1
Report 3 weeks ago
I've always wanted to ask this, and I do so in the nicest way possible, what does doing a fashion course at uni do? (I mean no malice when asking this, I am just curious as to why you are going to take a fashion course)
liv_ama
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I've always wanted to ask this, and I do so in the nicest way possible, what does doing a fashion course at uni do? (I mean no malice when asking this, I am just curious as to why you are going to take a fashion course)
I don't quite get what you mean by 'what does doing a fashion degree do', but I guess it depends of what you want to get from studying fashion and also what type of fashion course your taking. some people have incredible ideas but do not have the knowledge or skills to make what they want, some people have high levels of skill and knowledge and have lots of ideas but need some guidance to hone their skills and improve on their designing skills. many also use fashion as a form or art, however fashion does not always mean exclusively high end fashion, it ranges from tescos own brand to avant garde to merging since and technology with art. there are incredible people who are studying fashion (and have made a career from that degree) who are finding new ways to make the fashion industry more sustainable and ethical without compromising incredible and unique designs. clothing is important because it is the most intimate piece of culture that you have access to, because you engage with it every single day, why wouldn't you want to be a part of that
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of the Arts London
    London College of Fashion – Undergraduate School of Media & Communication Undergraduate
    Sat, 21 Sep '19
    London College of Fashion – Undergraduate Fashion Business School Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 5 Oct '19
    London College of Fashion – Undergraduate School of Media & Communication Undergraduate
    Sat, 12 Oct '19

What's your favourite genre?

Rock (203)
23.52%
Pop (214)
24.8%
Jazz (33)
3.82%
Classical (48)
5.56%
Hip-Hop (166)
19.24%