The Student Room Group

A 4 in GCSE AQA ENGLISH....is that ok?!?!?!

Like all the time I would get 5 and this is not even a 4
It’s 3 marks greater than getting a level 3!!!
I mean I’m not THAT bad at English so wth went wrong?!
I thought the papers went good! Or alright but not to deserve that grade!

I acc want a remark but I’m like 20 marks away from a 5 but I really want a 5!
Maybe the examiner missed by 20 something marks? So I get a 5 😌
Honestly I don’t think it would be worth getting it remarked, as they are very expensive and you are unlikely to go up by 20 marks, a 4 is still a good grade in English as you passed, is there any reason why you need a 5, or is it just a grade you want, honestly I wouldn’t recommend getting it remarked but if you want to you can 😊
Reply 2
Original post by Emily~3695
Honestly I don’t think it would be worth getting it remarked, as they are very expensive and you are unlikely to go up by 20 marks, a 4 is still a good grade in English as you passed, is there any reason why you need a 5, or is it just a grade you want, honestly I wouldn’t recommend getting it remarked but if you want to you can 😊

Yh ur right a remark won’t be worth it
But something seems off
But at least I passed!!
Reply 3
I wanna do Business, Psychology, Spanish and IF ONLY I got higher in Eng Lang I could’ve gone to this college I applied to...
This college gave me an enrolment date next week so then I’ll know if they’ll accept me or not coz they expect 5 in Eng Lang...
If I don’t get it (HOPE NOTTTT)
Where else can I go?!?!?!?!

Just another thing to say... my sixth form doesn’t have Spanish....
So I have to choose another subject but I hate all of them!!!! Also our sixth form has choices in blocks and r really restricted
Reply 4
I think they’ll be lenient coz it’s just one subject they’re giving me abit of lea way
Also I have a disability so they might
Hi, How many marks do you need to get for a grade 5? My year 10 child got grade 4 equivalent to 96 marks. (English literature)
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by lezscrimsh
GCSE English literature

I’m talking about English language
But I’ll send you the grade boundaries
What exam boards did they do?
Original post by Sannah 21
I’m talking about English language
But I’ll send you the grade boundaries
What exam boards did they do?

I'm not 100% sure as none of the marking system or anything was explained to us or the children. I'll have a look at her result sheet and go from there. Thank you
Reply 8
I'm not 100% sure as none of the marking system or anything was explained to us or the children. I'll have a look at her result sheet and go from there. Thank you

No problem
Once you find out I can send you the grade boundaries if if u want
Reply 9
Original post by Emily~3695

Hey so I checked properly now
And by 20 I mean 8
I think I should get it remarked but my sister says no
It’s coz idk y I got so low! Urgh
Maybe I shouldn’t...?

8 marks!
Reply 10
I chatted with my mum and sis
I’m gonna retake along with doing my a levels
I think that’ll be better ✌🏻
Original post by Sannah 21
No problem
Once you find out I can send you the grade boundaries if if u want

Hi it was WJEC and a 5 is 98marks she got 96 so not sure if to get it remarked or not. And thanks for help.
Reply 12
Hi it was WJEC and a 5 is 98marks she got 96 so not sure if to get it remarked or not. And thanks for help.

Oh no problem I didn’t do anything 😌
I think it should be remarked coz two marks that’s so close!
I was 8 marks away from a 5 😫
But I’m gonna resit....

Quick Reply

Latest