Low self-esteem, belief and confidence in myself. Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
This is going to be a bit long but here goes nothing.
I'm 16 and I have just finished my GCSEs and have obtained the results today. Due to bullying and the extra stress from GCSEs I can't believe how I managed with decent grades. I got: three 9's, five 8's and two 7's. Though I put an unbelievable amount of hard work into studying that at some times I felt sick looking at my work and I felt like throwing up. I actually think I threw up once.

Bullying whilst at school affected me so much I lost half of my hair. I told my parents and my parents fought for the situation as much as they could but the school is so, so low-standard. I looked at my grades and cried because I thought I'd get worse. Then my mum said I could've done better if I wasn't in that disadvantaged situation that I was in. She said I "lost" in the situation with the bullies because I keep on stressing myself. How am I meant to cope with it though?! Now I feel like those 7's are out of place with the rest and it just doesn't feel right. My family members are very proud of me but I don't feel any difference. I got accepted to a good school but I'm still intimidated about not being able to keep up with A-Levels because I CONSTANTLY hear the "oh it's so hard" and "oh it's so difficult" - I couldn't push myself any further than I have with that intense studying period I did otherwise I would have (and I'm not kidding here) ended up bald. I honestly did not have a life. And I had no one to turn to for help in school because I was isolated due to the bullying. I was and still am a very good and well-behaved student so I got 7's, 8's and 9's throughout mocks and such. Though I still feel that terrible feeling that I won't cope and get terrible grades in A-Level even though I put so much hard work and someone who's a genius won't even care much about his work and still get higher grades than me. Sometimes I felt like I'm wasting time and I always wanted to relax and do something else but the guilt was tremendous if I didn't study because I'd "fail". I was positive I failed all my GCSEs. Now I'm seeing many people with good grades and at that glint of hope that I could finally feel proud of myself, it died down. I felt like my grades were just another common thing everyone gets. I was happy at first but now I'm just low again.

When I enrolled to my school I saw the main bully there. I just for God hope she's not enrolled. It's so unfair. I suffered so much and when I thought "finally, things might change" I just HAD to see her there. She caused me so much pain and she still got good grades?! Because you need minimum 7's to get into that school. So she not only ruined my reputation, my life, my health, having no friends, being made fun of, ridiculed, being humiliated, etc and she still got awarded good grades? She was busy bullying me so how did she have the time to study anyway?! It's so unfair...I'm so bloody conflicted I just need help.
Glimmerz
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
What school?
Anonymous #1
I'd rather not reveal that, if you don't mind.
(Original post by Glimmerz)
What school?
Glimmerz
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I'd rather not reveal that, if you don't mind.
ok yh I understand. i don't really have any advice that could help other than avoid going to a school your bully is going to.
mrnace
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Talk to the new school now so they can keep an eye on things.

And by the way, you are frigging awesome!!!!!!!! The fact that you get great results in such a difficult situation is testiment to you and your determination to be better and get better for you and your family. I hope that one day you can look back and full up with pride of how far you have come.

WELL DONE!!!
Anonymous #2
Report 3 weeks ago
I'm 16 and I have just finished my GCSEs and have obtained the results today. Due to bullying and the extra stress from GCSEs I can't believe how I managed with decent grades. I got: three 9's, five 8's and two 7's. Though I put an unbelievable amount of hard work into studying that at some times I felt sick looking at my work and I felt like throwing up. I actually think I threw up once.

Bullying whilst at school affected me so much I lost half of my hair. I told my parents and my parents fought for the situation as much as they could but the school is so, so low-standard. I looked at my grades and cried because I thought I'd get worse. Then my mum said I could've done better if I wasn't in that disadvantaged situation that I was in. She said I "lost" in the situation with the bullies because I keep on stressing myself. How am I meant to cope with it though?! Now I feel like those 7's are out of place with the rest and it just doesn't feel right. My family members are very proud of me but I don't feel any difference. I got accepted to a good school but I'm still intimidated about not being able to keep up with A-Levels because I CONSTANTLY hear the "oh it's so hard" and "oh it's so difficult" - I couldn't push myself any further than I have with that intense studying period I did otherwise I would have (and I'm not kidding here) ended up bald. I honestly did not have a life. And I had no one to turn to for help in school because I was isolated due to the bullying. I was and still am a very good and well-behaved student so I got 7's, 8's and 9's throughout mocks and such. Though I still feel that terrible feeling that I won't cope and get terrible grades in A-Level even though I put so much hard work and someone who's a genius won't even care much about his work and still get higher grades than me. Sometimes I felt like I'm wasting time and I always wanted to relax and do something else but the guilt was tremendous if I didn't study because I'd "fail". I was positive I failed all my GCSEs. Now I'm seeing many people with good grades and at that glint of hope that I could finally feel proud of myself, it died down. I felt like my grades were just another common thing everyone gets. I was happy at first but now I'm just low again.

When I enrolled to my school I saw the main bully there. I just for God hope she's not enrolled. It's so unfair. I suffered so much and when I thought "finally, things might change" I just HAD to see her there. She caused me so much pain and she still got good grades?! Because you need minimum 7's to get into that school. So she not only ruined my reputation, my life, my health, having no friends, being made fun of, ridiculed, being humiliated, etc and she still got awarded good grades? She was busy bullying me so how did she have the time to study anyway?! It's so unfair...I'm so bloody conflicted I just need help.
Hey. I understand what bullying feels like. I know it's absolutely horrible. I'm just a few years older than you - but I just wanted you to know that you're okay. None of this is your fault and that you should feel proud of yourself because you worked hard through a difficult situation and you kept going and you stayed strong. Things will get better, you need to do anything you can like reporting it if it continues to happen or go and see someone or speak to others if you feel comfortable. You're allowed to have feelings, and you're allowed to open up about them to anyone. I know this is harsh, but please don't care about that girl getting good grades - because at the end of they day, you did too. You should be proud. Try not to give that girl any time of day. Just ignore and walk away. I know what it's like to be in your position, and i'm proud of you. Please don't be so hard on yourself! <3
SuperHuman98
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Congratulations on those grades you did really well and you should go out and celebrate with family.

#1 rule for happiness and confidence is to never compare yourself to others. You put in the hard work and you got good grades, the habit of hard work is going to be valuable for the future.

Also everyone in year 11 hypes about how hard a levels are but its seriously not that deep. You adapt in the first month as long as you continue putting in the work (mainly homework, and going over class notes/seeing teachers).

Lots of people make new friends when they are in sixth form. Keep your head up. Ignore that bully. If they give you any trouble then tell a teacher. There are usually new students during sixth form and so more opportunities for friends.
Last edited by SuperHuman98; 3 weeks ago
CoffeeAndPolitics
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago

Hi there. Firstly, a massive congratulations to you on your excellent set of GCSE results - your hard work has definitely paid off and you should be very proud of these results. Secondly, I'm sorry to hear that you've been through a very difficult time at school with the bullying and it's really sad to hear that there's no one you can turn to at school for support. Despite this, you have really persevered through all of this and achieved exceptional results and that is something you can be proud of and smile about. In terms of your 6th form, I'm sure you'll enjoy a fresh start even if said person may have enrolled there - you can't do anything about that. Thing is, I wouldn't dwell on that too much and so long that you two don't see face to face unless you guys happen to do the same subjects then it should be okay. If you want to have a chat about anything in general btw, feel free to drop me a DM at anytime. #BeResultsProud

P.S. A-Levels aren't as bad as people say but I won't deny or sugar-coat it by saying it isn't hard ... it is but if you're willing to work hard and work smart, you'll be absolutely fine.
Last edited by CoffeeAndPolitics; 3 weeks ago
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Glimmerz)
ok yh I understand. i don't really have any advice that could help other than avoid going to a school your bully is going to.
It's alright, but I'm not throwing my one and only chance to get into a really good school because of one person. I don't want to suffer again...but thank you.
(Original post by mrnace)
Talk to the new school now so they can keep an eye on things.

And by the way, you are frigging awesome!!!!!!!! The fact that you get great results in such a difficult situation is testiment to you and your determination to be better and get better for you and your family. I hope that one day you can look back and full up with pride of how far you have come.

WELL DONE!!!
;( You may be right, I really hate conflict.
Thank you...but I just hate that nagging feeling that I'll be in a place filled with people with better results because they didn't have a disadvantage like me, knowing that I too could have had better as well. It hurts me to know that life is treating her well even though she's so filled with hatred. I'll try and persevere though xx
Hey. I understand what bullying feels like. I know it's absolutely horrible. I'm just a few years older than you - but I just wanted you to know that you're okay. None of this is your fault and that you should feel proud of yourself because you worked hard through a difficult situation and you kept going and you stayed strong. Things will get better, you need to do anything you can like reporting it if it continues to happen or go and see someone or speak to others if you feel comfortable. You're allowed to have feelings, and you're allowed to open up about them to anyone. I know this is harsh, but please don't care about that girl getting good grades - because at the end of they day, you did too. You should be proud. Try not to give that girl any time of day. Just ignore and walk away. I know what it's like to be in your position, and i'm proud of you. Please don't be so hard on yourself! <3
I really do hope they will get better...sometimes I feel like I'm sinning because I'm not grateful enough but I just can't help it, I don't feel smart at all. I don't feel like I'm worth anything. I'll place trust in your words, thank you so much for ever caring xx
Anonymous #2
Report 3 weeks ago
It's alright, but I'm not throwing my one and only chance to get into a really good school because of one person. I don't want to suffer again...but thank you.

;( You may be right, I really hate conflict.
Thank you...but I just hate that nagging feeling that I'll be in a place filled with people with better results because they didn't have a disadvantage like me, knowing that I too could have had better as well. It hurts me to know that life is treating her well even though she's so filled with hatred. I'll try and persevere though xx

I really do hope they will get better...sometimes I feel like I'm sinning because I'm not grateful enough but I just can't help it, I don't feel smart at all. I don't feel like I'm worth anything. I'll place trust in your words, thank you so much for ever caring xx
Trust me, as someone who has been through something similar - they will get better. You aren't sinning, sometimes you just have to be like "why?" it's called being human!! You are smart. You are beautiful. You are strong. You are brave. You are you. You are worth more than you know. The sooner you realise that, the better! I promise you, just continue to be yourself. I believe in you x
Anonymous #1
(Original post by SuperHuman98)
Congratulations on those grades you did really well and you should go out and celebrate with family.

#1 rule for happiness and confidence is to never compare yourself to others. You put in the hard work and you got good grades, the habit of hard work is going to be valuable for the future.

Also everyone in year 11 hypes about how hard a levels are but its seriously not that deep. You adapt in the first month as long as you continue putting in the work (mainly homework, and going over class notes/seeing teachers).

Lots of people make new friends when they are in sixth form. Keep your head up. Ignore that bully. If they give you any trouble then tell a teacher. There are usually new students during sixth form and so more opportunities for friends.
I will try too haha, but I'm so bogged down with the homework I got, forms to fill in, clothes to buy :rofl: you know the drill. Thank you, so hard work is better than talent do you think?
That makes sense, but I have heard about A-Level students coming to me saying it is hard, I just hope I cope well because it is a very competitive school...
Thanks so much for your support <3 I hope I get good friends.
(Original post by CoffeeAndPolitics)
Hi there. Firstly, a massive congratulations to you on your excellent set of GCSE results - your hard work has definitely paid off and you should be very proud of these results. Secondly, I'm sorry to hear that you've been through a very difficult time at school with the bullying and it's really sad to hear that there's no one you can turn to at school for support. Despite this, you have really persevered through all of this and achieved exceptional results and that is something you can be proud of and smile about. In terms of your 6th form, I'm sure you'll enjoy a fresh start even if said person may have enrolled there - you can't do anything about that. Thing is, I wouldn't dwell on that too much and so long that you two don't see face to face unless you guys happen to do the same subjects then it should be okay. If you want to have a chat about anything in general btw, feel free to drop me a DM at anytime. #BeResultsProud

P.S. A-Levels aren't as bad as people say but I won't deny or sugar-coat it by saying it isn't hard ... it is but if you're willing to work hard and work smart, you'll be absolutely fine.
Thank you! I'll try to #BeResultsProud as possible Yes, but it just saddens me that I could have done better if I didn't go through the bullying, isn't it? But then again I feel guilty both ways for 1) not appreciating or 2) thinking about what could've been better.
I just hope she doesn't attend to that school and I'll be very happy you should've seen my face when I saw her, my mood instantaneously changed from joy to depression, it's awful how I can't control myself but I can't help it, there was so much trauma.
Alright I'll try not to dwell on it, though it is hard.
Thank you for your support <3
And yes I'll try and work my buttocks off :banana:
CoffeeAndPolitics
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Thank you! I'll try to #BeResultsProud as possible Yes, but it just saddens me that I could have done better if I didn't go through the bullying, isn't it? But then again I feel guilty both ways for 1) not appreciating or 2) thinking about what could've been better.
I just hope she doesn't attend to that school and I'll be very happy you should've seen my face when I saw her, my mood instantaneously changed from joy to depression, it's awful how I can't control myself but I can't help it, there was so much trauma.
Alright I'll try not to dwell on it, though it is hard.
Thank you for your support <3
And yes I'll try and work my buttocks off :banana:
You're very welcome! Like I said, in spite of the circumstances you've been through, you did extremely well in your GCSEs and that's what matters the most - you achieving amazing GCSE results! NOT this horrible bully who should be utterly disgusted of their thoughtless actions. Yeah, do try to not dwell on the matter although I can understand that it's extremely difficult - I'm sure you'll make loads of fantastic people at 6th form and go on to achieve many great things. Best wishes with A-Levels and 6th form in general. x
Last edited by CoffeeAndPolitics; 3 weeks ago
Anonymous #1
Trust me, as someone who has been through something similar - they will get better. You aren't sinning, sometimes you just have to be like "why?" it's called being human!! You are smart. You are beautiful. You are strong. You are brave. You are you. You are worth more than you know. The sooner you realise that, the better! I promise you, just continue to be yourself. I believe in you x
;( You're right, I should stop it though, there are people with worse situations than me and I'm still here complaining, it must be really pathetic...
Honestly reading all of these comments brings tears to my eyes. Thank you I believe in you too, you are such a kind human being.
Anonymous #1
You're very welcome! Like I said, in spite of the circumstances you've been through, you did extremely well in your GCSEs and that's what matters the most - you achieving amazing GCSE results! NOT this horrible bully who should be utterly disgusted of their thoughtful actions. Yeah, do try to not dwell on the matter although I can understand that it's extremely difficult - I'm sure you'll make loads of fantastic people at 6th form and go on to achieve many great things. Best wishes with A-Levels and 6th form in general. x
I'm glad that you have such high hopes for me even though you don't personally know me. I love that kind of blind trust and caring for people just because they need it. We seriously need it more in this society.
Thank you! I wish you the best too xx
CoffeeAndPolitics
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I'm glad that you have such high hopes for me even though you don't personally know me. I love that kind of blind trust and caring for people just because they need it. We seriously need it more in this society.
Thank you! I wish you the best too xx
Awh thanks! Yeah, I'm just a nice guy irl. I agree that we need a lot of caring people in society as we can do with a lot less/without people who like to spread and cause hatred etc. I'm off to the University of York in late September (I technically start in October) to study BA Social and Political Sciences and I'm so excited to start. Ngl I'm slightly nervous as well but that's probably a norm amongst the majority of freshers - a mixture of excitement and nervousness about moving away and studying somewhere far from home. x
Maid Marian
Report 3 weeks ago
I sympathise a lot with what you have gone through. Believe me, you have done so well to come out with those grades whilst going through all that. I know it's annoying when you don't do as well as you feel you could have, but honestly - in a few years' time, no one will care what GCSEs you got.

Just get your head down and work hard at your A Levels. And tell the school about the girl if she ends up going there.
SuperHuman98
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I will try too haha, but I'm so bogged down with the homework I got, forms to fill in, clothes to buy :rofl: you know the drill. Thank you, so hard work is better than talent do you think?
That makes sense, but I have heard about A-Level students coming to me saying it is hard, I just hope I cope well because it is a very competitive school...
Thanks so much for your support <3 I hope I get good friends.
Yeah hardwork is better than talent. I personally don't know if I believe that talent exists if it does it alone can't take you far. The best footballers spend thousands of hours practicing
Anonymous #1
Awh thanks! Yeah, I'm just a nice guy irl. I agree that we need a lot of caring people in society as we can do with a lot less/without people who like to spread and cause hatred etc. I'm off to the University of York in late September (I technically start in October) to study BA Social and Political Sciences and I'm so excited to start. Ngl I'm slightly nervous as well but that's probably a norm amongst the majority of freshers - a mixture of excitement and nervousness about moving away and studying somewhere far from home. x
Well done for getting into University and knowing what subject you want to do!! (Personally I have no idea what to do yet, I'm thinking of the PPE degree - Politics, Philosophy and Economics but Maths was one of my 7's so I'm not sure about it because some say it contains a lot of Maths?)

I wish you the best, they say Unis more chill than any other education level isn't it? It must be fun, I can't wait to get into Uni and forget about A-Levels XD
(Original post by Maid Marian)
I sympathise a lot with what you have gone through. Believe me, you have done so well to come out with those grades whilst going through all that. I know it's annoying when you don't do as well as you feel you could have, but honestly - in a few years' time, no one will care what GCSEs you got.

Just get your head down and work hard at your A Levels. And tell the school about the girl if she ends up going there.
Thank you. I thought GCSEs were the big deal, I mean most unis look at it and employers don't they? I just hate failure, to be honest I think we all do :^_^:
Yes I will thanks for the support!
(Original post by SuperHuman98)
Yeah hardwork is better than talent. I personally don't know if I believe that talent exists if it does it alone can't take you far. The best footballers spend thousands of hours practicing
Hearing that relieves me. And it's true, I'm shocked how far they can kick that football - jesus I didn't even think that was possible :rofl:
CoffeeAndPolitics
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Well done for getting into University and knowing what subject you want to do!! (Personally I have no idea what to do yet, I'm thinking of the PPE degree - Politics, Philosophy and Economics but Maths was one of my 7's so I'm not sure about it because some say it contains a lot of Maths?)

I wish you the best, they say Unis more chill than any other education level isn't it? It must be fun, I can't wait to get into Uni and forget about A-Levels XD
Thank you! It's ok to not know what you want to do - you'll soon get an idea hopefully. Uni is apparently a lot more chilled than any other education level and probably easier (some say) but yeah I'm looking forward to having a balance between the work and leisure life and most importantly meeting new people and making new friends. xD
Anonymous #1
Thank you! It's ok to not know what you want to do - you'll soon get an idea hopefully. Uni is apparently a lot more chilled than any other education level and probably easier (some say) but yeah I'm looking forward to having a balance between the work and leisure life and most importantly meeting new people and making new friends. xD
Yes indeed! It'll be great no doubt
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

What's your favourite genre?

Rock (115)
24.78%