The Student Room Group

What's the tastiest dish you've ever had?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by EmperorNino
Where/when?

Wagyu Beef, as part of a taster menu from the C'e La Vie, the restaurant on the top of the Marina Bay Sands Hotel in Singapore, just before Christmas a few years ago, or Grilled Lobster and Chips from Rick Stein's in Marlborough.
Original post by milly2003
what a racist freak you are, there is nothing wrong with bradford for ur info.
i know every one is entitled to their own opinions but please dont judge bradford just because of many asian people living there.
in my opinion it has one of the best indian and pakistani dishes.

The comment was not racist, i could not care less about skin colour. Both are places however which dont feel British and are destitute. I say this having lived on the outskirts from 2000-2013. I am also hardly alone in my comments.

Nice food does not make up for having mosques everywhere or the bulk of the city (outside a small bit of the city center) being run down and destitute.
Original post by Rakas21
Nice food does not make up for having mosques everywhere

This the kind of thing I'd expect a Trump supporter to say. Take your negativity elsewhere please.
Pasta from a restaurant in Italy.
Original post by EmperorNino
I'm not sure, my grandma always used to make it from scratch. After she passed we just buy frozen packets of it available at most Asian supermarkets. Not quite the same but still decent.

Aww that’s too bad. Did she perhaps write the recipe down or did you watch her make it?
Original post by ArtmisKco
Aww that’s too bad. Did she perhaps write the recipe down or did you watch her make it?

I was very young so I never got the recipe, however it involved lining cocasia leaves with a homemade paste. This recipe seems to be the closest I can find for making authentic patarya: http://collectionofallrecipe.blogspot.com/2012/09/patarya.html?m=1
Reply 46
definitely my Nana's chicken casserole. so good.
I made some lamb leg steaks a few months ago when they were on sale.

O.M.G. I cooked them for the perfect amount of time. Had some little sprigs of rosemary. The seasoning was perfect. It was awesome in every way.

Quick Reply

Latest