The Student Room Group
Power Station Simulator, University of Strathclyde
University of Strathclyde

Struggling to register and settle in to uni life

Hi there, sorry this may be long.
I was a direct entry student (2nd year) to Strathclyde back in 2018, I really struggled to fit in and find friends at uni and felt quite out of place and by May 2019 had decided to drop out after a long struggle with mental health problems.
I have decided to give uni another go starting this year and have been told to ‘register with attendance’ and pick up the credits I missed from previous failed exams (this will be a total of 60 credits). I have had to pay for two letters from my doctor to give to uni to support my decision to return to study (i.e basically saying I’m not mentally ill anymore) and am finding it difficult to get any info on what I should do now. What classes do I pick? When can I pick these classes? I have handed in my doctors letters and been told from HASS to ‘keep an eye on Pegasus’ - but I don’t know what it is I’m supposed to be keeping an eye out for? When do I ‘register with attendance’? Who do I give this to and when?
I just feel totally lost and a bit let down as I thought, after many phone calls and emails to uni, I would receive a bit more support for my return. I don’t know when my start date will be, I don’t have a clue what to do about funding (i have been awarded my funding but am supposed to scan the letter but who do I give this to?) I don’t know what classes to do or what ones I’m supposed to be choosing, when I look on Pegasus it says ‘120 credits’ however I know I am only supposed to be doing 60? I am really struggling and feel overwhelmed and to be honest after a not so pleasant encounter today at university I’m dreading going back. This is a last resort as I am now too nervous to ask the uni again because I just feel like I am bothering them.
Hi @Erin2112

Just checking this one with my colleague- email me at: [email protected] and we can help you get sorted for the upcoming academic year :smile:

Melissa- Student Ambassador
Power Station Simulator, University of Strathclyde
University of Strathclyde

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending