Nast_xoxo
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
Hi, so I’m currently so close to enrolment day and honestly my head is all over the place. Firstly I would like to do A biology a level however many many people have told me it’s incredibly hard and they regret choosing it. Honestly I don’t want to choose something I will regret later on and I really really do want to do btec applied science however I really hate physics with a passion. So I’m really confused whether I should pick biology a level or the btec applied science because I’m not someone who is super smart but I really do enjoy biology please help I feel like I have lost hope completely. I also want to apply to a dental hygienist course at uni and I’m not sure if they would accept btec .
Jumpybananas
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
A level biology is harder than GCSE but your teachers will know that and help their students adapt.

Honestly, all this comes down to is are you prepared to put the work in? If you enjoyed biology an did reasonably well in GCSE there's no reason you shouldn't take the a level, but, if you wanted to do the BTEC that's fine too. I think unis vary on whether they accept BTEC so it's worth looking into.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - London Moorgate campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (534)
66.58%
No (268)
33.42%

Watched Threads