The Student Room Group

Meh

Not sure if today was good or not for me. I passed 6 gcses including english language but not maths however i still got on to my level 3 course extended diploma. I have to retake maths in november but i heard the passrate is really low and not many people pass.
Original post by BenSmithb5
Not sure if today was good or not for me. I passed 6 gcses including english language but not maths however i still got on to my level 3 course extended diploma. I have to retake maths in november but i heard the passrate is really low and not many people pass.

Congrats on passing 6 GCSEs and getting onto your level 3 course! tbh it really varies depending on how much you missed the grade 4 by as to whether you're likely to pass in November. The passrate for people resitting this June (so most people had had either 3 or 5 attempts) for maths was 22%, however certain places have significantly higher pass rates. For instance, my college's was approximately 60%. So just because you need to retake doesn't mean you're definitely going to fail at all, work hard for the next just over 2 months and hopefully you'll pass in November!
Reply 2
Original post by Lemur14
Congrats on passing 6 GCSEs and getting onto your level 3 course! tbh it really varies depending on how much you missed the grade 4 by as to whether you're likely to pass in November. The passrate for people resitting this June (so most people had had either 3 or 5 attempts) for maths was 22%, however certain places have significantly higher pass rates. For instance, my college's was approximately 60%. So just because you need to retake doesn't mean you're definitely going to fail at all, work hard for the next just over 2 months and hopefully you'll pass in November!

Thanks, i was only a few marks off in maths
Thanks, i was only a few marks off in maths

If you're only a few off, were you on Edexcel? You could consider getting your paper back (it's free) and asking your teacher to go through it? They might find it's worth sending a paper back which could push you over the boundary?

Either way, being only a few marks away bodes well for November!
Reply 4
Original post by Lemur14
If you're only a few off, were you on Edexcel? You could consider getting your paper back (it's free) and asking your teacher to go through it? They might find it's worth sending a paper back which could push you over the boundary?

Either way, being only a few marks away bodes well for November!

Yeah Edexcel
Yeah Edexcel

May as well contact your exams officer for your papers then and see if you can get hold of a maths teacher to go through with the mark scheme and check :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest