Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I want to apply for economics and social policy (joint honours). The minimum requirement is AAB but im predicted A*AA. I also have a really good personal statement. Only problem is I got a 5 in english language gcse but they want a 6. However I have taken up government and politics A-level and I have since learned how to write really well. How strict are LSE? Should I even apply?
LeapingLucy
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I'm really sorry, but I'm fairly sure you'd be rejected instantly. LSE have so many applicants per place that they can afford to reject anyone who doesn't meet the requirements.

And regarding the A-levels, the minimum requirements may be AAB, but most people will be applying with predicted grades similar to or better than yours. You'd need something more like A*A*A or A*A*A* predictions to even have a chance of compensating for missing the GCSE requirements.

TL;DR - LSE are extremely strict with their requirements.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by LeapingLucy)
I'm really sorry, but I'm fairly sure you'd be rejected instantly. LSE have so many applicants per place that they can afford to reject anyone who doesn't meet the requirements.

And regarding the A-levels, the minimum requirements may be AAB, but most people will be applying with predicted grades similar to or better than yours. You'd need something more like A*A*A or A*A*A* predictions to even have a chance of compensating for missing the GCSE requirements.

TL;DR - LSE are extremely strict with their requirements.
Could I make the case that it was only until very recently where they changed this requirement from a 5 to a 6, so I went through the whole of year 12 thinking I would be good but it was because they switched up that I didn't think I needed to resit. Will they even read my reference to see this?
TigerTia
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I think it might be worth it for you to retake your gcse if you really want to apply. Most likely they will see that grade 5 and automatically reject you.

You can always email the universities admission and tell them your situation and how them recently changing their entry requirements is an issue for you and get advice from them.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

It is really important for me to be involved in helping make my university better

Strongly disagree (5)
9.09%
Disagree (4)
7.27%
Neither agree or disagree (16)
29.09%
Agree (19)
34.55%
Strongly Agree (11)
20%

Watched Threads