The Student Room Group

Are these worth getting remarked?

hey, so I got my gcses back today and I achieved 3 grade 8s which I am happy with but I am fairly close to a 9 in each of them:

PE- 4 marks away
Maths- 8 marks away
Spanish- 10 marks away

I am aware that Spanish seems quite far away but my teacher thinks it may be worth remarking since I was close to full marks on both reading and writing and my speaking was oddly low.

Any advice?
remarking is only worth if it will affect your alevel/college choices tbf
Original post by Anonymous
hey, so I got my gcses back today and I achieved 3 grade 8s which I am happy with but I am fairly close to a 9 in each of them:

PE- 4 marks away
Maths- 8 marks away
Spanish- 10 marks away

I am aware that Spanish seems quite far away but my teacher thinks it may be worth remarking since I was close to full marks on both reading and writing and my speaking was oddly low.

Any advice?

How do you know your marks ? I also received my grades today but I’m clueless as to how far I am from each grade as I don’t know my mark?
Reply 3
Original post by Rae5
How do you know your marks ? I also received my grades today but I’m clueless as to how far I am from each grade as I don’t know my mark?

my teachers had a list of everyones marks x
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
remarking is only worth if it will affect your alevel/college choices tbf

I am taking maths alevel. there is no problem in me taking it with a grade 8.
it is more so a case of me being a bit of a perfectionist but am still not sure if it is worth it
Reply 5
I wouldn't remark maths because your grade probably wouldn't increase, but I would remark PE and Spanish.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending