No Idea what 2 do for A level course choices :0 Watch

Jonathanツ
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I always though ppl were rushing me to choose but now Ive just recived my GCSE results (got 5's,6's and 7's btw) I am seriously struggling to choose what courses to choose.

I want to choose strategically so I end up with a job that gets butt loads of money xD but also something I may enjoy. For a while I was interested in physics but I heard its very maths and to be honest I despise maths and believe this will hinder the course.

What courses are fun but also gunna get me a damn good paying job xD
Jonathanツ
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Don't bother telling me to do something that ive done in GCSE because I regret those option choices and Hate everything I did in secondary school lol
OR321
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Accountancy or something with the sciences (but they may require maths). Business Studies is quite an open ended subject as it can get you in a lot of jobs
nzy
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You can't really think 'strategically'. The subjects you chose at A-Level don't necessarily dictate how much money you're going to earn. If you're good at what you do and put a lot of work in, you could get a good paying job in any discipline, so you have to choose what's going to work for you personally. If you plan on going to university, some subjects like maths and science are more favoured, but of course they're also generally more difficult (that said, A-Levels are all pretty hard, and in any A-Level you take there's going to be stuff you don't enjoy studying).
You just need to find subjects that you are willing to work hard at for for 2 years, either because you enjoy them, or, even if they find them really difficult (in which case, they'll require even more work), you think the career opportunities they'll give you are worth the effort. Having a look at university courses which you think sound good, even if you're not instantly attracted to those courses, and seeing the kinds of subjects different courses require will also help.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Nottingham
    Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (152)
59.61%
No I haven't decided yet (58)
22.75%
Yes but I might change my mind (45)
17.65%

Watched Threads