failure4039
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
i’m going to get straight to the point. i got a 6 in both my language and my literature and i seriously do not believe this. i’ve worked so hard, and i’m not being delusional due to the way i study, but i have worked my butt off for english. i’ve worked so hard and it’s disappointing to see i got this grade. i’m very very suspicious about literature because i did every question and to my fullest ability too, there is no way i got a 6 in that. i just have a gut feeling. the problem is that i don’t know my mark that i got for english lang and lit and so i need some advice on how i can get that first, and then get my paper remarked because i’m devastated... i’m honestly upset that me working till about 1 in the morning just doing constant questions on english, me giving in extra work to my teacher results in me getting only a 6. i just can’t admit to it that i got a 6.. how should i deal with this and how do i get it remarked... i have no idea how to do this. has this happened to anyone else too?
Last edited by failure4039; 4 weeks ago
Mumofson
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Contact your exams officer at school they can tell you your actual marks then you can see where you are against the grade boundaries
failure4039
Rep:
?
who’s the exams officer though? our school doesn’t run us over through with these things
Mumofson
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by zenab anwar)
who’s the exams officer though? our school doesn’t run us over through with these things
Perhaps check back through your emails you’ve received from the school and their contact details might be there , or somewhere on your schools website etc . Failing that try emailing your English teachers as they sometimes have access too
failure4039
Rep:
?
(Original post by Mumofson)
Perhaps check back through your emails you’ve received from the school and their contact details might be there , or somewhere on your schools website etc . Failing that try emailing your English teachers as they sometimes have access too
thank you, i’m seriously annoyed with AQA this year .... i couldn’t have got a 6 i just know it
failure4039
Rep:
?
(Original post by Mumofson)
thank you, i’m seriously annoyed with AQA this year .... i couldn’t have got a 6 i just know it
Jsiairbfj
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Shut up, be greatful
Last edited by Jsiairbfj; 4 weeks ago
Tee.Q
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I know I raise my expectations a lot and I know my english grade could have been marked slight off but I'm going to be grateful I got a 6 because most of the people I knew got 3s. Just imagine how they are feeling.
failure4039
Rep:
?
(Original post by Jsiairbfj)
Shut up, be greatful
don’t be tell me to shut up, and don’t tell me to be grateful for something you couldn’t get. i know i could have got more in english, so don’t sit here behind a screen and tell others to shut up about something you couldn’t get yourself.
Omarri
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
don’t be tell me to shut up, and don’t tell me to be grateful for something you couldn’t get. i know i could have got more in english, so don’t sit here behind a screen and tell others to shut up about something you couldn’t get yourself.
Agree I want to get my English Lang and English lit remarked as for English lit I was 6 marks of a 6 and English Lang I was 8 marks of a 6. AQA is rubbish
failure4039
Rep:
?
(Original post by Tee.Q)
I know I raise my expectations a lot and I know my english grade could have been marked slight off but I'm going to be grateful I got a 6 because most of the people I knew got 3s. Just imagine how they are feeling.
i understand and i can imagine how they are feeling, but i’m not them so there should be no need to mention to me something about others. i’m not being a brat, and i’m not being ungrateful. but deep down i know i could have gotten better and i’ve been marked incorrectly. success is relative and it means something different to different people.
failure4039
Rep:
?
(Original post by Omarri)
Agree I want to get my English Lang and English lit remarked as for English lit I was 6 marks of a 6 and English Lang I was 8 marks of a 6. AQA is rubbish
exactly, get it remarked. only thing is that they charge so so so much. don’t let anyone tell you your ungrateful for a grade that they couldn’t get.
Tee.Q
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
i understand and i can imagine how they are feeling, but i’m not them so there should be no need to mention to me something about others. i’m not being a brat, and i’m not being ungrateful. but deep down i know i could have gotten better and i’ve been marked incorrectly. success is relative and it means something different to different people.
I respect your opinion. I feel a lot of people online only show their "fake" side in order to be like by a couple of people. You've encouraged me to do a review on my paper. Thanks
failure4039
Rep:
?
(Original post by Tee.Q)
I respect your opinion. I feel a lot of people online only show their "fake" side in order to be like by a couple of people. You've encouraged me to do a review on my paper. Thanks
go there , this system is corrupt and you should remark and challenge them because you know you have self belief,... even if it means drowning your parents credit cards
Davy611
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
As an examiner currently working on grade reviews, I can confirm that the system isn't corrupt.

I appreciate you're feeling bruised by the system and resentful because of the work that you have done. Your English teacher will have access to the finer details of your exam paper. They'll be able to share what you achieved for each paper.

You can spend £14.35 to have a look at your paper. Your teacher will be able to advise you from there whether it's worth a review. It'll also reassure you that the marking was fair or unfair. If you've been harshly treated then you should review. It'll cost you £37.55 per paper.
Tee.Q
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Davy611)
As an examiner currently working on grade reviews, I can confirm that the system isn't corrupt.

I appreciate you're feeling bruised by the system and resentful because of the work that you have done. Your English teacher will have access to the finer details of your exam paper. They'll be able to share what you achieved for each paper.

You can spend £14.35 to have a look at your paper. Your teacher will be able to advise you from there whether it's worth a review. It'll also reassure you that the marking was fair or unfair. If you've been harshly treated then you should review. It'll cost you £37.55 per paper.
I'd just like to thank you again for marking my descriptive writing a few months ago. I recieved a grade 8 on paper 1 but I fell down quite a bit on paper 2. Since there seems to be an inconsistency in my marks, I may try to push for a remark. One quick question: is it possible to get a script before sending off an aqa language paper for review?
Last edited by Tee.Q; 4 weeks ago
failure4039
Rep:
?

As an examiner, i would expect that you say this because you work for AQA or whatever exam board, but i also respect your opinion and there is legitimacy in it. However, i got 44/80 on one paper and 65/80 on another. i tried my hardest and often you may come across students that may be very blinded by their effort and not come to reality with what they have gotten, however i’m not one of them people.
i have tried to my fullest ability and i am capable of a higher grade than what is given to me, and the reason why i call this system corrupt is because there have also been reports on the news that there are many flaws in the marking for english. i understand that examiners are humans and i understand that they need a break from all this sometimes. humans make mistakes. but these mistakes are detrimental to students who have their gcses ahead of them, and me, who has come from a poor family in the first place, a remark is very very expensive because i’m getting it done at £75.10 for both literature papers. why should i bare the burden of getting something remarked when it can be possibly the examiners fault in the first place? why should i feel low and question how hard i’ve worked when it’s possibly the examiners faults in the first place? i know from my effort, with me writing and writing, including every single thing to make sure that the examiners do not question anything i wrote and then get a 6 in my face deeply disturbs me because i know i’ve included everything and i know i deserve better.
Davy611
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
As an examiner, i would expect that you say this because you work for AQA or whatever exam board, but i also respect your opinion and there is legitimacy in it. However, i got 44/80 on one paper and 65/80 on another. i tried my hardest and often you may come across students that may be very blinded by their effort and not come to reality with what they have gotten, however i’m not one of them people.
i have tried to my fullest ability and i am capable of a higher grade than what is given to me, and the reason why i call this system corrupt is because there have also been reports on the news that there are many flaws in the marking for english. i understand that examiners are humans and i understand that they need a break from all this sometimes. humans make mistakes. but these mistakes are detrimental to students who have their gcses ahead of them, and me, who has come from a poor family in the first place, a remark is very very expensive because i’m getting it done at £75.10 for both literature papers. why should i bare the burden of getting something remarked when it can be possibly the examiners fault in the first place? why should i feel low and question how hard i’ve worked when it’s possibly the examiners faults in the first place? i know from my effort, with me writing and writing, including every single thing to make sure that the examiners do not question anything i wrote and then get a 6 in my face deeply disturbs me because i know i’ve included everything and i know i deserve better.
If it's demonstrated that your mark is unjust then you won't be charged. You say you got 109/160. If that's AQA English Language, that should be a 7; if it's AQA English Literature, that's four marks from a 7.
Davy611
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Tee.Q)
I'd just like to thank you again for marking my descriptive writing a few months ago. I recieved a grade 8 on paper 1 but I fell down quite a bit on paper 2. Since there seems to be an inconsistency in my marks, I may try to push for a remark. One quick question: is it possible to get a script before sending off an aqa language paper for review?
Hi. Well done on the successful paper 1. I'm sorry to hear about the problem with paper 2. Yes, the exam officer at your school will be able to request a copy of your full script for £14.35:

https://www.aqa.org.uk/exams-adminis...review-of-mark
failure4039
Rep:
?
If it's demonstrated that your mark is unjust then you won't be charged. You say you got 109/160. If that's AQA English Language, that should be a 7; if it's AQA English Literature, that's four marks from a 7.
its literature
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Stirling
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Thu, 26 Sep '19
  • Heriot-Watt University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Scottish Borders Campus Undergraduate
    Fri, 27 Sep '19
  • Royal Holloway, University of London
    Undergraduate open day Undergraduate
    Sat, 28 Sep '19

It is really important for me to be involved in helping make my university better

Strongly disagree (2)
12.5%
Disagree (0)
0%
Neither agree or disagree (5)
31.25%
Agree (5)
31.25%
Strongly Agree (4)
25%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise