?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
https://www.johnlewis.com/dkny-bryan...black/p4205129
Hazzabear
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
It’s a good enough size, but £180 for a school bag??
Nessie162
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Don't. It's gonna get ruined. You are gonna use it heavily every single day and potentially drop in on the floor multiple times as well. Get the bag if you like it but not for school. Opt for something cheaper
Fermion.
Report 4 weeks ago
Yeah it’s a good size. I would only get it if you can afford it though. At uni I switched to a Tommy Hilfiger rucksack and it’s lasted me over a year 😊
Luloinv
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
(Original post by Hazzabear)
It’s a good enough size, but £180 for a school bag??
(Original post by Nessie162)
Don't. It's gonna get ruined. You are gonna use it heavily every single day and potentially drop in on the floor multiple times as well. Get the bag if you like it but not for school. Opt for something cheaper
I’d rather spend more on a bag that I know is going to last. I don’t like buying everyday bags from Zara, river island etc because they never seem to last and break after a couple of months.
Fermion.
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Luloinv)
I’d rather spend more on a bag that I know is going to last. I don’t like buying everyday bags from Zara, river island etc because they never seem to last and break after a couple of months.
That’s so true. As I said my Tommy Hilfiger bag has lasted over a year , almost 2 years and you can imagine how heavy my books can get.
sinfonietta
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
My rule for a bag for education is it needs to big enough to fit in an A4 notepad/folder and have space for water and food and still fully close.

Definitely don't spend that much on a bag for college though. Especially that material - it's going to scuffed to hell.
username4923090
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I would work hard to get things you actually need i.e notebooks, folders and stationary not a £180 bag. I would aim for those As and A*s instead of buying a DKNY bag.
Luloinv
Rep:
?
(Original post by nightswatch1)
I would work hard to get things you actually need i.e notebooks, folders and stationary not a £180 bag. I would aim for those As and A*s instead of buying a DKNY bag.
Just because I want to spend more on a bag doesn’t mean I don’t work hard
Luloinv
Rep:
?
(Original post by sinfonietta)
My rule for a bag for education is it needs to big enough to fit in an A4 notepad/folder and have space for water and food and still fully close.

Definitely don't spend that much on a bag for college though. Especially that material - it's going to scuffed to hell.
What do you recommend
OR321
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
If I was gonna spend £180 I’d atleast get a better brand
Luloinv
Rep:
?
(Original post by OR321)
If I was gonna spend £180 I’d atleast get a better brand
withered.rose
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I do Scottish qualifications so I don’t do sixth form but my handbag for highers/advanced highers is about the same size. Personally I think people need to stop judging over how expensive this bag is, it by no means suggest how little or hard you work. And tbh I personally think that it seems like you do work hard otherwise why would u be concerned over size. Just my thoughts, but all I’m gonna say is think about looking in other shops that sell similar or even better bags that are maybe better pricing as it can easily get ruined throughout the year and it is such a nice bag that this would be a shame. Also I find TK MAX is great for designer bags with the prices practically halved but you should probs look around
OR321
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Luloinv)
Ted Baker, Valentino, Jasper Conran but it is your choice obviously
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

It is really important for me to be involved in helping make my university better

Strongly disagree (9)
8.91%
Disagree (5)
4.95%
Neither agree or disagree (32)
31.68%
Agree (40)
39.6%
Strongly Agree (15)
14.85%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise