Spanish or chemistry? Watch
I was planning on doing biology, chemistry, psychology for my a levels. I got my results today and I got a 7 in chemistry and this was with maximum work. I did not get an 8 or 9. Also I realised I hadn’t enjoyed the course as much as another subject. I got an 8 in Spanish so I was thinking of changing my final a level to Spanish. So my final selection would be spanish, psychology and biology. Am I limiting my options by not taking chemistry? I am interested in any of these 3 subjects. What jobs/degrees could stem from this? I want to find out about some more jobs in languages before I make my final decison
Also, are these an ok combination?
- you're not limiting science options by keeping with biology and psychology
- if you decide to pursue one of these, a language makes you a more desirable employee
- you could study abroad as part of your degree
- if you end up pursuing a languages degree/career, psychology could lead you to an interest in linguistics
- but most importantly, take the a levels you enjoy -> I took one of my a levels only because I was good at it, but because I don't enjoy it it's now my worst subject, and german (a language) is my best
There isn't really a clear cut answer, without knowing what you are hoping to get out of your A-levels long term.