Do most universities in most cases take scanned certificates Watch

HotShot A
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Or do most of them ask for physical copies upon enrollment or etc. Which is the most common way, a scanned or a physical copy assessment.
EJC001
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Ok, from the two places I have enrolled at, they asked for physical copies so they can prove it's genuine. That's why they need to see it in person.
HotShot A
Rep:
?
(Original post by EJC001)
Ok, from the two places I have enrolled at, they asked for physical copies so they can prove it's genuine. That's why they need to see it in person.
Thank you, did they ask you to bring it before or after enrollment, would they ask you to bring it long after you've enrolled.

I'm asking because they didn't tell me to bring mine, and I'm wondering whether I should go collect the certificate from my college or not, or will the scan that I sent suffice if they didn't request anything more.
Admit-One
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
If your offer is unconditional, they've likely already verified the qualifications they need.

Generally a scan from you is not sufficient, the Uni either needs the originals (or notarised copies) OR for your previous place of study to send the results themselves.
HotShot A
Rep:
?
(Original post by Admit-One)
If your offer is unconditional, they've likely already verified the qualifications they need.

Generally a scan from you is not sufficient, the Uni either needs the originals (or notarised copies) OR for your previous place of study to send the results themselves.
Thank you. My offer has been accepted through clearing on track, and I've finished online enrollment, the only thing they need to finish my enrollment is for me to collect my id card at the uni.

I've sent the scanned certificate before them accepting my clearing choice on track. And they haven't asked me to bring in the certificates.

How likely is it that they will ask me to bring the physical copy of the certificate after completing all this would you say.

The reason I'm asking is because I can't be bothered to get the certificate from my college, it's very far, lol.
Admit-One
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by HotShot A)
Thank you. My offer has been accepted through clearing on track, and I've finished online enrollment, the only thing they need to finish my enrollment is for me to collect my id card at the uni.

I've sent the scanned certificate before them accepting my clearing choice on track. And they haven't asked me to bring in the certificates.

How likely is it that they will ask me to bring the physical copy of the certificate after completing all this would you say.

The reason I'm asking is because I can't be bothered to get the certificate from my college, it's very far, lol.
If you've already enrolled and they haven't already asked, I would think very unlikely.

You're going to need your cert at some point anyway. Just go get it now before you move away
Notoriety
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Enrolled for three courses. They have always taken scans.
barror1
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
I had to send evidence to Uni of York and they took scans no issue
aspiringbiomedic
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by barror1)
I had to send evidence to Uni of York and they took scans no issue
how long did they reply after you sent it them?
barror1
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by aspiringbiomedic)
how long did they reply after you sent it them?
I honestly don't think they replied!
However, I did have a deadline and I'm sure there would have been warning emails etc. if nothing was submitted
Providing the evidence was also part of my offer so they could have withheld it until evidence was provided
aspiringbiomedic
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
I honestly don't think they replied!
However, I did have a deadline and I'm sure there would have been warning emails etc. if nothing was submitted
Providing the evidence was also part of my offer so they could have withheld it until evidence was provided
so you're still waiting for confirmation..? when did u send it in
barror1
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
so you're still waiting for confirmation..? when did u send it in
I sent it in like March! I have enrolled at the uni so it has definitely been accepted a long time ago
aspiringbiomedic
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
I sent it in like March! I have enrolled at the uni so it has definitely been accepted a long time ago
i see i applied through clearing after results day, got a verbal and written offer and it's been a week. i emailed them today and found out i needed to submit in a transcript/certificate of results! I hope they respond fast..from the top of your head when you sent yours in did you get it the same day or..? thx
barror1
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
i see i applied through clearing after results day, got a verbal and written offer and it's been a week. i emailed them today and found out i needed to submit in a transcript/certificate of results! I hope they respond fast..from the top of your head when you sent yours in did you get it the same day or..? thx
I genuinely do not think that I received any acknowledgment of submitting evidence, but I submitted in about Feb/March time to the applicant when I firmed my offer

Is this for York too?
bookwork2700
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
omg cant believe they havent responded to you yet, i thought uni's usually take 2-3 days?. can you apply for accomodation now or do you have to wait till the uni accepts on ucas?
aspiringbiomedic
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by bookwork2700)
omg cant believe they havent responded to you yet, i thought uni's usually take 2-3 days?. can you apply for accomodation now or do you have to wait till the uni accepts on ucas?
unfortunately, i can't do anything without a confirmation..IM worried. And I had to email admissions today to find out I had to even send transcripts and I was calling the hotlines throughout the week etc. It has been 7 days and a day (including the weekend) so far....though I know another person going to the same uni who also hasn't heard anything because of a backlog, so it may just be that tbh. They are also waiting on that so they can apply for accommodation. I called this week and they mentioned a backlog so...still the communication could be better.

My only hope is that it is sorted out by monday or the end of next week.
Last edited by aspiringbiomedic; 3 months ago
bookwork2700
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
unfortunately, i can't do anything without a confirmation..IM worried. And I had to email admissions today to find out I had to even send transcripts and I was calling the hotlines throughout the week etc. It has been so 7 days and a day so far....though I know another person who also hasn't heard anything because of a backlog, so it may just be that tbh. I called this week and they mentioned a backlog so...still the communication could be better.
ohh that sucks do they have guaranteed accommodation?. hopefully they confirm today
aspiringbiomedic
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by bookwork2700)
ohh that sucks do they have guaranteed accommodation?. hopefully they confirm today
yes pray for me! I sent them a copy of the transcript early morning so they should really have confirmed by today

they guarantee accommodation if you register interest by the 28th.
Last edited by aspiringbiomedic; 3 months ago
EJC001
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by HotShot A)
Thank you, did they ask you to bring it before or after enrollment, would they ask you to bring it long after you've enrolled.

I'm asking because they didn't tell me to bring mine, and I'm wondering whether I should go collect the certificate from my college or not, or will the scan that I sent suffice if they didn't request anything more.
I guess it depends on the uni. UWL require me to bring my certificates in with me when I get my ID card, but they didn't ask for scans so I guess that's why I need to bring them in.
bookwork2700
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
yes pray for me! I sent them a copy of the transcript early morning so they should really have confirmed by today

they guarantee accommodation if you register interest by the 28th.
did they confirm today?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Suffolk
    Undergraduate Open Day - Ipswich Main Campus Undergraduate
    Mon, 9 Dec '19
  • University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Wed, 11 Dec '19
  • University of Lincoln
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 11 Dec '19

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (141)
19.64%
Labour (363)
50.56%
Liberal Democrats (99)
13.79%
Green Party (36)
5.01%
Brexit Party (9)
1.25%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (3)
0.42%
SNP (14)
1.95%
Plaid Cymru (3)
0.42%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (6)
0.84%
SDLP (1)
0.14%
Ulster Unionist (4)