Turn on thread page Beta

best techno music watch

ReputationRep:
    I want to know what are your favorite techno (electronica, dance, house, trance etc) songs, albums or artists?

ReputationRep:
    Prodigy are quite good.

ReputationRep:
    chemical brothers basement jaxx and Daft Punk.

Hey i know its mainstream, but its cool.

ReputationRep:
    the stuff out of sonic games. the tunes are so catchy.

ReputationRep:
    For ambient electronica, Boards of Canada are incredible
    Uh.. I like drum n bass.. Tech Itch, Concord Dawn, EIB..
    The Prodigy, Daft Punk, Chemical Brothers etc are good
    And trip hoppy stuff like Prefuse 73, Lamb, Massive Attack..

ReputationRep:
    Chemical Brothers, Daft Punk, David Guetta, Junior Jack (love the album and who can forget e samba, in fact i think i'm going to listen to that one now), Audiobullys and at the moment i'm obsessed with Lacquer-Behind

daft punk are good, are the rapture like techno, it is a bit like it i guess

ReputationRep:
    Definitely agree with Daft Punk, Chemicals and Basement Jaxx. I'd also add Orbital to that.

ReputationRep:
    chemical brothers, prodigy, massive attack are all good. Aphex twin and Fourtet are cool as well

ReputationRep:
    Any big fans of Benny Benassi? It's kind of all alike but I like the style (it makes me want to be a gay male :eek: ). I also like Tomcraft, David Guetta, Tiga and Zyntherius, Ilo, DJ Tiesto, Armand Van Helden, and Who Da Funk.

I'm looking for more suggestions of artists I should try downloading. Anyone?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by katiesado)
    Any big fans of Benny Benassi? It's kind of all alike but I like the style (it makes me want to be a gay male :eek: ). I also like Tomcraft, David Guetta, Tiga and Zyntherius, Ilo, DJ Tiesto, Armand Van Helden, and Who Da Funk.

I dont know what kinda music you are into - if anyone is into progressive trance, i can give you lots of good tracks! (not the charts ****)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheWolf)
    I dont know what kinda music you are into - if anyone is into progressive trance, i can give you lots of good tracks! (not the charts ****)
    I like almost all techno except for the really really electronic stuff that's basically all beeping and makes me feel like I'm trapped in a robot's stomach or something. I'm openminded. I'd like to hear your suggestions-- I'm def a trance girl.

tiesto owns - he released a new song that is untouchable i think.....

benny benassi - that the drilling one?

OHHHHHHHH and

something called ETHEN
    ????

eathon?

eeeeethen

ReputationRep:
    Listen to Dj Tiesto's In search of sunirise compilations (there is in search of sunrise 1,2 and 3, my fav is one..) - they are great for chilling out etc...Check out Armin van buuren's 'A state of trance 2004' its brill.

(Original post by elpollodiablouk)
    . I'd also add Orbital to that.
    strings agias something or rather....

(Original post by TheWolf)
    Listen to Dj Tiesto's In search of sunirise compilations (there is in search of sunrise 1,2 and 3, my fav is one..) - they are great for chilling out etc...Check out Armin van buuren's 'A state of trance 2004' its brill.
    man........... im going to listen to that ....... i love it when dance trackz give you boose bumps

it owns man

ReputationRep:
    Prodigy
    Massive Attack
    Portishead
    Bah Samba
    Anything from the Tru Thoughts label!
    Hed Kandi Disco Kandi but only up until vol 5!
    Quite like jazz sampled electronica - fab!

ReputationRep:
    George Acosta has a really good trance album.. but I forget the name/who's on it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HaggenDaZ)
    strings agias something or rather....
    That was William Orbit wasn't it? Orbital did Chime and a version of the Dr. Who theme tune.

ReputationRep:
    I want to know what are your favorite techno (electronica, dance, house, trance etc) songs, albums or artists?
    Techno is its own genre independent from those you list, they are not subsets. All could be put into a broader genre of Electronic.

Techno Artists - Luke Slater, Jeff Mills, Carl Craig, Keoki, Richie Hawtin/Plastikman, Ellen Allien, Kid 606, Sven Vath, Gina X, Closer Musik, Maurizio, Cristian Vogel and Jimmy Edgar

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.