keeno25
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I am one mark away from a 9 in AQA biology higher and 1 mark away from an 8 in OCR English lit. When i remark those papers, do you think i will go up by a mark?
Tom123456789100
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I don't think you are actually able to request a 'remark' any more, instead exam boards do something called a 'clerical check' where they review your paper and make sure all the marks, pages, answers were counted for. I would suggest doing this as you are only one mark from the next grade up. If you were any further away it would be pointless.
keeno25
Rep:
?
I swear there is something called a review of marking. Im not sure how it works
Compost
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Reviews of marking are commonly called re-marks but that is misleading. A review of marking checks the previous marking to see if there are definite errors (as opposed to a difference of opinion) and the mark is only changed if there are. Most reviews don't change the grade...but some do. If you can spare £40 or so per paper then give it a go.
keeno25
Rep:
?
its coz im one mark off both subjects to the next grade. if they change the marks, then the grade in my case will change
CE01
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by keeno25)
I am one mark away from a 9 in AQA biology higher and 1 mark away from an 8 in OCR English lit. When i remark those papers, do you think i will go up by a mark?
Remarks are quite pricey, however, if you have the money to do so then it's worth a shot! 1 mark isn't much, and could perhaps be found. You wouldn't go down a grade since you're so close to the next grade, so in my opinion it would probably be worth giving it a try as both may not go up to the next grade, but even if one of your subjects does, then it's worth it! Good luck
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Stirling
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Thu, 26 Sep '19
  • Heriot-Watt University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Scottish Borders Campus Undergraduate
    Fri, 27 Sep '19
  • Royal Holloway, University of London
    Undergraduate open day Undergraduate
    Sat, 28 Sep '19

It is really important for me to be involved in helping make my university better

Strongly disagree (5)
9.62%
Disagree (4)
7.69%
Neither agree or disagree (15)
28.85%
Agree (18)
34.62%
Strongly Agree (10)
19.23%

Watched Threads