The Student Room Group

Remarking if GCSEs

I am one mark away from a 9 in AQA biology higher and 1 mark away from an 8 in OCR English lit. When i remark those papers, do you think i will go up by a mark?
Reply 1
I swear there is something called a review of marking. Im not sure how it works
Reply 2
Reviews of marking are commonly called re-marks but that is misleading. A review of marking checks the previous marking to see if there are definite errors (as opposed to a difference of opinion) and the mark is only changed if there are. Most reviews don't change the grade...but some do. If you can spare £40 or so per paper then give it a go.
Reply 3
its coz im one mark off both subjects to the next grade. if they change the marks, then the grade in my case will change
Reply 4
Original post by keeno25
I am one mark away from a 9 in AQA biology higher and 1 mark away from an 8 in OCR English lit. When i remark those papers, do you think i will go up by a mark?

Remarks are quite pricey, however, if you have the money to do so then it's worth a shot! 1 mark isn't much, and could perhaps be found. You wouldn't go down a grade since you're so close to the next grade, so in my opinion it would probably be worth giving it a try as both may not go up to the next grade, but even if one of your subjects does, then it's worth it! Good luck :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest