Zekiahhassan
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I could not do A level science instead of that I will do applied science..... 2year bitec....
Can I do a medicane course??

Thanks
alexa242424
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You can potentially get into a medicine foundation year and then do the medicine degree.
artful_lounger
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by alexa242424)
You can potentially get into a medicine foundation year and then do the medicine degree.
(Original post by Zekiahhassan)
I could not do A level science instead of that I will do applied science..... 2year bitec....
Can I do a medicane course??

Thanks
Most medicine foundation courses are designed for students meeting widening access criteria. Whether the OP would be eligible would depend on their contextual information, rather than the subjects they studied in school. I do not believe any direct entry medicine courses accept the BTEC in applied science for entry. Bear in mind medical schools involves 5 years of taking exams, and then you still have to take more (professional) exams after you graduate. If you struggle with exam based qualifications, consider whether medicine is a realistic goal.

Aside from that, you could still apply to medicine as a graduate after doing an undergraduate degree in something else (typically a bioscience subject). Graduate entry medicine is however considerably more competitive than standard entry medicine, and doing a standard entry medicine course as a graduate instead of a GEM course is considerably more expensive than the alternatives. Be aware of it difficulties that route may present - however students do get accepted onto GEM courses (or standard entry courses as a graduate) every year from a variety of backgrounds, so it's certainly a possible option for the future.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Nottingham
    Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (119)
65.03%
No I haven't decided yet (39)
21.31%
Yes but I might change my mind (25)
13.66%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed