The Student Room Group

Gcse results

Well it’s a day after gcse results & I just have a heavy heart and I’d like to dump it all here lol so here it goes..

I sat 11 gcse’s And attained only 6. I attended a private school but was told yesterday I no longer had the place as I didn’t reach the requirements for the sixth form. I haven’t applied anywhere else & I was basically relying on getting a place in sixth form. Stupid move I guess. I’m confused as to what my next moves are. If I want to do chemistry a level, and it’s requirement is a 7 and I attained lower, is it possible to resist in November and if I do well can I catch up on the chemistry course with the rest of the other students at whatever sixth form?

Could someone please advise me and let me know if it’s possible to do that!
Many thanks
Alison the retard ( also in denial )
I don’t know if u can resist in November...
It depends on the college

Ive got my gcse results yesterday toooo! And I’m happy but disappointed coz Eng Lang I got a 4! Ik that’s a pass but im gonna retake it while doing my a levels in another college to higher my chances of getting into uni
Also this college’s entry requirements for psychology is a 5 in Lang while business and Spanish need a 4....
Maybe they’ll accept me while I retake...
Lol this is quite off topic but u k do u k bout me 😌
Original post by Sannah 21
I don’t know if u can resist in November...
It depends on the college

Ive got my gcse results yesterday toooo! And I’m happy but disappointed coz Eng Lang I got a 4! Ik that’s a pass but im gonna retake it while doing my a levels in another college to higher my chances of getting into uni
Also this college’s entry requirements for psychology is a 5 in Lang while business and Spanish need a 4....
Maybe they’ll accept me while I retake...
Lol this is quite off topic but u k do u k bout me 😌

Hey atleast you passed! Wishing all the best of luck!
Original post by Alisonindenial
Hey atleast you passed! Wishing all the best of luck!

Yh I did
Thank youuuuu
Omg to u tooo a levels, uni everything
I only think you can resist maths and eng lang
Original post by mez_merising
I only think you can resist maths and eng lang

I checked online and u can retake maths and eng Lang in November but the other subject u have to retake in June...
You can probably email local colleges or apply online still as they may still have places. If u want to stay in private education, you can only take English language and maths in November so you’ll have to wait til next year and basically retake year 11. If I were you I’d go down the easier state school route as 6 GCSEs are enough

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending