The Student Room Group

Got withdrawn from university!

So I failed my second reset attempt in August in my second year. I thought there will be a third attempt in January/June . I was crushed when they told the university only give a second attempt and there is no third attempt. Therefore, I was withdrawn from the university. The sad part is I failed the exam of the module by achieving 33% eventhough my overall in the module is 51% . As the final exam was pass for progression were where will not pass the year if achieved less than 40%. The university suggested that I might get into third year if I explained to other universites that I only failed the exam while my overall is above 40%. Unfortunately, no other university accepeted to take me for 3 year nor for 2 year!. I don't a special circumstance where I can get mitigated. I failed because I didn't work hard enough. Please help . Is there any thing I can do?. Unfortunately, I can't start from first year as I am not financially capable. I know that I am an idiot for wasting my chance. I am an international student.
Original post by Anonymous
So I failed my second reset attempt in August in my second year. I thought there will be a third attempt in January/June . I was crushed when they told the university only give a second attempt and there is no third attempt. Therefore, I was withdrawn from the university. The sad part is I failed the exam of the module by achieving 33% eventhough my overall in the module is 51% . As the final exam was pass for progression were where will not pass the year if achieved less than 40%. The university suggested that I might get into third year if I explained to other universites that I only failed the exam while my overall is above 40%. Unfortunately, no other university accepeted to take me for 3 year nor for 2 year!. I don't a special circumstance where I can get mitigated. I failed because I didn't work hard enough. Please help . Is there any thing I can do?. Unfortunately, I can't start from first year as I am not financially capable. I know that I am an idiot for wasting my chance. I am an international student.

Have you spoken to your student union and personal tutor about this?

I'm not sure if you have many options at this stage, as you have no mitigating circumstances to appeal with.
Reply 2
I have spoken to my personal tutor only. He was the one suggesting for a transfer. Unfortunately, only few universities offered the subject I studied and most of them refused to take me for second year entry. They advised me to consider first year entry.
Take some time out, work, save and decide if uni is right for you. If you think it is, come back when you have the money to start from 1st year. Unfortunately that's all there is.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending