NatashaKuz
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I'm trying to revise GCSE Russian. Has anyone got any tips on how to revise it? So far I've just been practicing some grammar and doing Russian past papers.
S.carter
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by NatashaKuz)
I'm trying to revise GCSE Russian. Has anyone got any tips on how to revise it? So far I've just been practicing some grammar and doing Russian past papers.
I did Russian GCSE. If you can speak the language fluently you’ll have no issue.
It’s basically structured like a French exam, so I’d practise speaking, listening, reading and writing.
NatashaKuz
Rep:
?
(Original post by S.carter)
I did Russian GCSE. If you can speak the language fluently you’ll have no issue.
It’s basically structured like a French exam, so I’d practise speaking, listening, reading and writing.
Thank you for replying.I know Russian quite well but I wouldn't say that I am fluent. How did you revise? Have you got any tips on how to apply the Russian cases because I know them but have trouble knowing when I need to use which one?
S.carter
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Thank you for replying.I know Russian quite well but I wouldn't say that I am fluent. How did you revise? Have you got any tips on how to apply the Russian cases because I know them but have trouble knowing when I need to use which one?
I knew someone who took it so I had a look over the sample papers they used for reading and writing, but I’m fluent so I didn’t do much revision. If you know the language well I don’t think you’ll find it difficult.
What do you mean cases? Like upper and lower case letters
NatashaKuz
Rep:
?
(Original post by S.carter)
I knew someone who took it so I had a look over the sample papers they used for reading and writing, but I’m fluent so I didn’t do much revision. If you know the language well I don’t think you’ll find it difficult.
What do you mean cases? Like upper and lower case letters
I mean like the nomanitive case, genitive, dative, accusative, instrumental and prepositional, basically the endings. For example Я занимаюсь русскому языку, I'm not sure if those endings are right, or for example я пью кофе с молоком.
username4745258
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I mean like the nomanitive case, genitive, dative, accusative, instrumental and prepositional, basically the endings. For example Я занимаюсь русскому языку, I'm not sure if those endings are right, or for example я пью кофе с молоком.
I struggle with this too and I'm supposed to be fluent. :rofl:
S.carter
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
The first one would be
Я занимаюсь русским языком,
The second one is spot on though. Russian is pretty confusing with all the endings.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

University open days

• University of Stirling
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Thu, 26 Sep '19
  • Heriot-Watt University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Scottish Borders Campus Undergraduate
    Fri, 27 Sep '19
  • Royal Holloway, University of London
    Undergraduate open day Undergraduate
    Sat, 28 Sep '19

It is really important for me to be involved in helping make my university better

Strongly disagree (11)
9.17%
Disagree (6)
5%
Neither agree or disagree (40)
33.33%
Agree (46)
38.33%
Strongly Agree (17)
14.17%

Watched Threads