Omarri
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hello I was totally disappointed with my GCSE English language result I somehow got a 5 but only 8 marks of a 6 is it possible to get a remark as English language is a written task which means the examiner might of left a few marks in paper 1 and paper 2.

I’m also disappointed in my English literature GCSE result as I got a 5 aswell I was 6 marks of a 6 is it worth getting a remark as there might be a few marks missing in paper 1 and 2 as it’s a written exam????

I genuinely need advice ?
I’m really disappointed and feel drowned.
Last edited by Omarri; 1 year ago
qb2507
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Omarri)
Hello I was totally disappointed with my GCSE English language result I somehow got a 5 but only 8 marks of a 6 is it possible to get a remark as English language is a written task which means the examiner might of left a few marks in paper 1 and paper 2.

I’m also disappointed in my English literature GCSE result as I got a 5 aswell I was 6 marks of a 6 is it worth getting a remark as there might be a few marks missing in paper 1 and 2 as it’s a written exam????

I genuinely need advice ?
I’m really disappointed and feel drowned.
If you did Edexcel English Lit. and Lang. then you can request a priority copy of your script for free by the 28th of August. I suggest doing that and consulting your teacher to see if he/she thinks any of the papers are worth remarking.
Omarri
Rep:
?
(Original post by qb2507)
If you did Edexcel English Lit. and Lang. then you can request a priority copy of your script for free by the 28th of August. I suggest doing that and consulting your teacher to see if he/she thinks any of the papers are worth remarking.
I do aqa so what should I do please
qb2507
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I do aqa so what should I do please
I can't say sorry because I did Edexcel and have no idea how AQA operates.
Omarri
Rep:
?
(Original post by qb2507)
I can't say sorry because I did Edexcel and have no idea how AQA operates.
The reason I think I deserve extra marks is because on paper 1 section B I revised a lot I memorised a story before exam then the actual question came up but I just had to change a few words. Plus on the news it says that examiners were left shocked of the level of marking accuracy . The only thing I’m worried about it what if my grade drops down
Omarri
Rep:
?
Hi I got a grade 5 in English language gcse and grade 5 in English literature. I am only 6 marks of a grade 6 for English lit and 8 marks of a 6 for English language. Should I get remarked please help me my teachers are not being helpful???
Omarri
Rep:
?
Hi I got a grade 5 in English language gcse and grade 5 in English literature. I am only 6 marks of a grade 6 for English lit and 8 marks of a 6 for English language. Should I get remarked please help me my teachers are not being helpful???
Omarri
Rep:
?
Monsur x
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
No I don’t think it’s worth it
Even tho these subjects the marking can be wrong...the mark gap is abit big not like 3
So...
Omarri
Rep:
?
(Original post by Sannah 21)
No I don’t think it’s worth it
Even tho these subjects the marking can be wrong...the mark gap is abit big not like 3
So...
But there are 2 papers in each of the English exam
Monsur x
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
But there are 2 papers in each of the English exam
Oh Yh
Monsur x
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Idk wait for someone else to reply
Pang13
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
If it is stopping you from applying to your chosen course then yes, however the gap between the boundaries are too narrow for you to be risking it. The remark may easily result in a loss of marks, and you may drop down a grade. I would say it’s only really worth it if it is 2 ish marks.
Omarri
Rep:
?
(Original post by Pang13)
If it is stopping you from applying to your chosen course then yes, however the gap between the boundaries are too narrow for you to be risking it. The remark may easily result in a loss of marks, and you may drop down a grade. I would say it’s only really worth it if it is 2 ish marks.
But there are 2 papers in English Lang and 1 papers in English lit
you're_swell
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
my school only recommend getting it remarked if you're within 3 marks, I think it's very unlikely you'll just pick up 6/8 marks miraculously. wish you the best though, hope it doesn't affect anything too much
Omarri
Rep:
?
(Original post by you're_swell)
my school only recommend getting it remarked if you're within 3 marks, I think it's very unlikely you'll just pick up 6/8 marks miraculously. wish you the best though, hope it doesn't affect anything too much
If there are 2 papers in English Lang and 2 papers I. English literature
you're_swell
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
If there are 2 papers in English Lang and 2 papers I. English literature
still quite unlikely. you're just as likely to go down that many marks as well. the examiners are paid to do their job right and while there's exceptions, most of the time they're not going to mark it that incorrectly
olivert5
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Completely your choice; 6 and 8 marks are a lot to move up though.

Check the grade boundaries to make sure you are not close to the bottom end of the boundary - you might go down, which would be a shame.

If you have the financial ability to afford a remark, and you have closely thought about how much you are expecting them to change.

You have a perhaps 10% chance of a grade change across the two. Given that they are subjectively marked, this is probably triple the chance you’d have in maths or STEM subjects.

Good luck if you get them remarked, but certainly good luck in your future academic study.

O
Omarri
Rep:
?
(Original post by olivert5)
Completely your choice; 6 and 8 marks are a lot to move up though.

Check the grade boundaries to make sure you are not close to the bottom end of the boundary - you might go down, which would be a shame.

If you have the financial ability to afford a remark, and you have closely thought about how much you are expecting them to change.

You have a perhaps 10% chance of a grade change across the two. Given that they are subjectively marked, this is probably triple the chance you’d have in maths or STEM subjects.

Good luck if you get them remarked, but certainly good luck in your future academic study.

O
Thank you but you se the way English language has 2 papers and English literature has 2 papers aswell is it not worth remark?
didimb12345
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
If you feel that you deserved more/ had previously been working at a higher level then yes, nothing to lose. However, it is quite a few more marks that you need and it is likely that you will stay on a 5 and potentially lose marks. you should go for it if its really important to you.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (71)
23.2%
Excited but a bit nervous (135)
44.12%
Not bothered either way (37)
12.09%
I'm really nervous (63)
20.59%

Watched Threads