Name 2 activities that you would do to support children's learning in the classroom. Watch

bigg bowss
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Need help for a job im applying to and I have no experience of working in classroom or with kids so i have got no idea how to answer this question. Would be grateful for any tips
EierVonSatan
Badges: 21
Report 3 weeks ago
As a teacher, a teaching assistant or what?
bigg bowss
Rep:
?
(Original post by EierVonSatan)
As a teacher, a teaching assistant or what?
yes a teaching assistant
bigg bowss
Rep:
?
bumping this cos i gotta complete the application today
tomlam
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Well, hope you completed it ok, what what a bull****ty and lazy question.
You have to get specific, that's what they want even though they've been dumb as **** with their questioning. Something which includes students discussing the topic or doing stuff with their hands really helps.
Woobat
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hi! I'm currently an Elementary school teacher (ages 6-12) and I do these things with all of my students.

Engage in teamworking activities that are physical, as they require both collaborative and communicative skills. Games such as a board race (Split the class into teams, have them stand at the back of the room while two vocabulary words are put on the board, read out one and have the students run to tap the correct answer) or even games like hot potato are great ways to get students active and building real-world skills while learning the curriculum. If you're a TA for little kids, get crazy with games and build up high energy.

And the second is to simply communicate with your students and come to a middle ground that you can all enjoy for how the class is taught. For instance, some of my students are special needs and have trouble verbally communicating, or working in groups but they excel in writing and working solo, and some are the opposite. If you can create a mix of activities that mesh all areas of learning and all four skills (reading, writing, speaking, and listening) then you can build much better support for the students. My communication with my students led us to use whiteboards and markers for writing instead of worksheets and using telepathy games (guess which one word out of four shown wins at random, write it down and see if you win) to memorize important information.

Idk if this helps answer the question fully but you can always spin off this and bull**** an answer.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What's your favourite genre?

Rock (188)
23.98%
Pop (191)
24.36%
Jazz (30)
3.83%
Classical (46)
5.87%
Hip-Hop (148)
18.88%