Are My GCSE’s good enough for medicine? Watch

étudiant fatigué
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I’m wondering this because I only took 9 subjects and many people have taken more than me!
My results are 9 - eng Lang and then 8 in eng lit, maths, bio, chem, physics, French, design technology and 7 in geography
Last edited by étudiant fatigué; 1 month ago
X1PRINCE
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by étudiant fatigué)
I’m wondering this because I only took 9 subjects and many people have taken more than me!
My results are 9 - eng Lang and then 8 in eng lit, maths, bio, chem, physics, French, geography, design technology
You have got to be a troll man, Seriously?

8s and 9s and you're asking if it's good enough. Look at the entry requirements, stop showing off!
ellajeangant
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi! I believe these are enough. As long as you have above a 7 in maths and sciences then universities don’t consider your GCSEs too much. The main thing is your predicted grades at alevel. Well done also! Hope this helps!
ellajeangant
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by X1PRINCE)

8s and 9s and you're asking if it's good enough. Look at the entry requirements, stop showing off!
Hey, don’t be mean! Although it may be obvious to us these are good enough grades this person may not know that themselves, universities aren’t always that clear on GCSE requirements and all have different grades needed. Especially being the day after results day when panicking is high and people begin to overthink
étudiant fatigué
Rep:
?

I mean 7 in geography
étudiant fatigué
Rep:
?
(Original post by ellajeangant)
Hey, don’t be mean! Although it may be obvious to us these are good enough grades this person may not know that themselves, universities aren’t always that clear on GCSE requirements and all have different grades needed. Especially being the day after results day when panicking is high and people begin to overthink
Hi! I believe these are enough. As long as you have above a 7 in maths and sciences then universities don’t consider your GCSEs too much. The main thing is your predicted grades at alevel. Well done also! Hope this helps!
Thanks I was just worried because lots of people take 10 or more GCSEs
étudiant fatigué
Rep:
?
Thanks for understanding I just am hearing so many people getting all 9s and it’s freaking me out a bit
ellajeangant
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Thanks I was just worried because lots of people take 10 or more GCSEs
I wouldn’t worry about it personally, as long as you get good predicted grades at alevel
ellajeangant
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Thanks for understanding I just am hearing so many people getting all 9s and it’s freaking me out a bit
No problem haha don’t worry, 8s are also equivalent of a high A which is honestly amazing and exactly what medical schools will want
X1PRINCE
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
No problem haha don’t worry, 8s are also equivalent of a high A which is honestly amazing and exactly what medical schools will want
Really? Someone with A and A* and complaining about if their grades are good enough? Really?. Sorry, But I've seen too many of these threads because it just makes others a bit annoyed if they've done a little less good. But if you were genuinely confused then I'm sorry
étudiant fatigué
Rep:
?
Really? Someone with A and A* and complaining about if their grades are good enough? Really?. Sorry, But I've seen too many of these threads because it just makes others a bit annoyed if they've done a little less good. But if you were genuinely confused then I'm sorry
I got very deflated because a family friend of mine got all 9s and now my parents don’t seem as happy with my gcse results even though I worked really hard
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • University of Birmingham
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (11)
6.04%
They might tell the bully (18)
9.89%
I don't think they'd understand (32)
17.58%
It might lead to more bullying (69)
37.91%
There's nothing they could do (52)
28.57%

Watched Threads