The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I'm not aiming for a C I want a B minimum but the requirements for my future apprenticeship is C's therefore that's the minimum I can get
Original post by Hasan167
I'm not aiming for a C I want a B minimum but the requirements for my future apprenticeship is C's therefore that's the minimum I can get

Are you not going to university?
Original post by idontkn
Are you not going to university?

no I can't put up with studying for another 6 years I want to do a higher apprenticeship in Accounting to become a chartered accountant however worst comes to worse I have the family business to fall back on
no I can't put up with studying for another 6 years I want to do a higher apprenticeship in Accounting to become a chartered accountant however worst comes to worse I have the family business to fall back on

A levels are designed to take you to university, but obviously some people don’t go. Does your sixth form/college offer A level Accounting? My college did.
Original post by idontkn
A levels are designed to take you to university, but obviously some people don’t go. Does your sixth form/college offer A level Accounting? My college did.

Unfortunately they don't not any in my area do I didn't even know any colleges did. A levels do lead to higher apprenticeships it's being pushed my the Government , it's quite new though
I got a 6 in maths too I will be happy with a C I am expecting not to revise much but work hard in lessons is this possible

With A-level maths, you’ll need to be doing something outside of lesson to pass, especially when it comes to exam season/year 13. But this sounds very possible, yes. What other A-levels are you taking/considering?
Original post by lemmens
With A-level maths, you’ll need to be doing something outside of lesson to pass, especially when it comes to exam season/year 13. But this sounds very possible, yes. What other A-levels are you taking/considering?

I'm doing business and law which are easy, for me anyway . Maths is doable then? year 13 is a year away ...
Original post by idontkn
In terms of revision, it went well, I revised at my own pace though, not with the class, and I make sure I go over things that we did in class that I didn’t understand. I used textbooks and past exam questions to help me, and I used to revise a week before topic tests so yes you can get a C, aim for a bit higher than a C. For main exams make sure you know everything inside out, and do not revise the day before or a week before main exams, I found last minute maths revision doesn’t help me. I combined maths with sociology and English literature because I am better at essay based subjects and maths is also my favourite subject and I always did really well in it.

A-Level Maths isn't mad difficult. I would suggest just putting more work into Maths than your other subjects if you feel it's your weakest subject.
I'm doing business and law which are easy, for me anyway . Maths is doable then? year 13 is a year away ...

You’ll be fine then so long as you try hard in class and if you’re struggling on a topic!! Best of luck with all your subjects :smile:
Bad idea
Original post by lemmens
You’ll be fine then so long as you try hard in class and if you’re struggling on a topic!! Best of luck with all your subjects :smile:

Thanks, I know I'd does get harder however we develop along the year so it isn't as hard in my opinion as everyone thinks, the workload may increase however I'm not the type to doss around in class
How far off was a grade 7? maybe you can appeal?

Latest