curiouscatalogue
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
Hi so I haven’t started university yet but I’m about to in the next month. I wanted to ask if I could increase my maintenance loan as I’m only borrowing £1200 my mum said she would help me but my accomodation is in three installments not per month so I need a higher maintenance loan to help with my accomodation. Do I still need to fill out a form of some sort because I can’t edit it on the webpage I just want around £2500-3000.
Thanks
SFE Tegan
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Hi.

You should be able to update your Maintenance Loan request either through your online account or by the paper form. The status of your application will affect how you can make this change. When you log in to your online account please choose 'Change your Application' and then 'Loan Amounts'. If you're not able to do this or linked to the form please let us know.

Thanks, Tégan
curiouscatalogue
Rep:
?
Hi
I've already filled out my application for 2018/19 and it says "Status Application withdrawn" there is two options to either reapply or start another application or submit another application, when I press reapply I have to fill out the full form again but this time I pressed 2019/20 I have a feeling I did it wrong? There isn't anywhere to press loan amounts.
SFE Tegan
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Hi,
On your main page does it show that you have a valid application for the 19/20 academic year?

Thanks, Tégan
curiouscatalogue
Rep:
?
Hi,
Sorry I have just realized the mistake I made! I applied for a 2018/19 application with a maintenance loan of £1200 so I just applied another application with the right date 2019/20 a maintenance loan of £4000 now will the original application I made be cancelled as I submitted a new one? (It does say "status application withdrawn")
Thanks
Amy SFE
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by curiouscatalogue)
Hi,
Sorry I have just realized the mistake I made! I applied for a 2018/19 application with a maintenance loan of £1200 so I just applied another application with the right date 2019/20 a maintenance loan of £4000 now will the original application I made be cancelled as I submitted a new one? (It does say "status application withdrawn")
Thanks
Hi,

If you have now applied for the correct academic year we will now be able to process your application and calculate your funding. Were you able to delete the 18/19 application? Will 2019/20 academic year be your first year at university?

Thanks, Amy
curiouscatalogue
Rep:
?
(Original post by Amy SFE)
Hi,

If you have now applied for the correct academic year we will now be able to process your application and calculate your funding. Were you able to delete the 18/19 application? Will 2019/20 academic year be your first year at university?

Thanks, Amy
Hi,
I'm afraid there is no option to delete the application and I have received the letter for the last years 2018/19 tuition and maintenance loan will I need to call student finance so that it is gotten rid of? Yes the 2019/20 academic year will be my first.
Duncan SFE
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by curiouscatalogue)
Hi,
I'm afraid there is no option to delete the application and I have received the letter for the last years 2018/19 tuition and maintenance loan will I need to call student finance so that it is gotten rid of? Yes the 2019/20 academic year will be my first.
Hi,

if you can't cancel the application online, you'll need to either send us a message via Facebook/Twitter or give us a call on 0300 100 0607 so that we can do this for you.

Regards, Duncan
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Feb '20
  • Ravensbourne University London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Feb '20
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (291)
65.54%
No (153)
34.46%

Watched Threads