Emilywarren24
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hello

I collected my GCSE’s yesterday and honestly I’m a little bit disappointed in what I got (I thought I did way better in my English as in my mocks I got a grade higher on both GCSE’s). My boyfriend said they weren’t ‘great’ so it’s kinda put me on edge. Also I want to study A level Chemistry, Biology and psychology but I’m scared i will struggle but will I be okay? Anyway here is my grades:

L2D in health and social care
5 in maths
6 in chemistry (I thought I did better but I’m not overly sad)
6 in biology (i thought I failed the first exam 😂)
5 in physics
7 in drama
7 in media
5 in English language
6 in English literature
Last edited by Emilywarren24; 2 years ago
13rby
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Emilywarren24)
Hello

I collected my GCSE’s yesterday and honestly I’m a little bit disappointed in what I got (I thought I did way better in my English as in my mocks I got a grade higher on both GCSE’s). My boyfriend said they weren’t ‘great’ so it’s kinda put me on edge. Also I want to study A level Chemistry, Biology and psychology but I’m scared i will struggle but will I be okay? Anyway here is my grades:

L2D in health and social care
5 in maths
6 in chemistry (I thought I did better but I’m not overly sad)
6 in biology (i thought I failed the first exam 😂)
5 in physics
7 in drama
7 in media
5 in English language
6 in English literature
Their OK in the sense that most students will be happy with them. Honestly wouldn't recommend taking those A levels; you will probably struggle. I sense you want to go into the medical sciences route with your combination. I recommend you play with your strengths and do a Level 3 btec in health and social care and from there you can get into nursing at uni. My aunt did that and I think she's making >30k a year so its a great route if you are passionate in the field especially since theres good money in it
Emilywarren24
Rep:
?
I may see how I go in the first week of these A levels and if it’s too much I may consider changing. I am very passionate about perusing this and I will try to put all the effort I can into it. I guess I’ll just have to see
13rby
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I may see how I go in the first week of these A levels and if it’s too much I may consider changing. I am very passionate about perusing this and I will try to put all the effort I can into it. I guess I’ll just have to see
does your sixth form offer btec l3 health and social care?
Emilywarren24
Rep:
?
My college offers it. My friends needed 5’s in maths to get into it but sadly they didn’t get it so I won’t know anyone doing the L3.
13rby
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
My college offers it. My friends needed 5’s in maths to get into it but sadly they didn’t get it so I won’t know anyone doing the L3.
In that case give it a levels ago and if it gets overwhelming switch. I doesn't matter what your friends do because you will make new ones and still stay in touch with your old ones.
Emilywarren24
Rep:
?
Okay thank you so much for your help
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (23)
8.46%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (39)
14.34%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (46)
16.91%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (38)
13.97%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (79)
29.04%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (47)
17.28%

Watched Threads