The Student Room Group

English Language Re-mark - Should I do it?

Hi, I got my English Language grade back yesterday as a 7, I'm quite disappointed about this, as I've been achieving 9's throughout mocks and I only once got an 8. - I got 113 marks between the papers and the boundary is 117 for an 8 - The school have said their cutoff for a remark is 3 marks below a boundary so I would likely have to pay for a re-mark myself -Do you think it's worth it?
(edited 4 years ago)
I don’t know if this will help, but I was predicted an 8 for my geography GCSE and I got a 6, despite this year only getting 8’s and 9’s (apart for two tests I didn’t study for and got a 6 and 7).

I remembered in my exam I ended up doing the whole of the last section, realised I was only meant to do two questions and then crossed out the wrong one re wrote it and then crossed out the right one. So the teachers said maybe get it remarked because it could have been confusing, though I’m not sure if it will change.
Reply 2
Original post by 14Tanisha
I don’t know if this will help, but I was predicted an 8 for my geography GCSE and I got a 6, despite this year only getting 8’s and 9’s (apart for two tests I didn’t study for and got a 6 and 7).

I remembered in my exam I ended up doing the whole of the last section, realised I was only meant to do two questions and then crossed out the wrong one re wrote it and then crossed out the right one. So the teachers said maybe get it remarked because it could have been confusing, though I’m not sure if it will change.

Thank you, I'm sure I did everything right, just not sure why I didn't get quite as high as expected although I felt I did.
Reply 3
Any opinions please?

Quick Reply

Latest