The Student Room Group

Retake a level after a biomedicine degree or during?

hi, I have accepted an offer for biomedicine this year but I want to improve my maths a-level grade for the future. Would universities for postgraduate degrees consider me if I did an A level after completing biomedicine or should I do my maths a-level again whilst at university during first year?
Original post by roberto1212
hi, I have accepted an offer for biomedicine this year but I want to improve my maths a-level grade for the future. Would universities for postgraduate degrees consider me if I did an A level after completing biomedicine or should I do my maths a-level again whilst at university during first year?

Why do you need to improve your maths a-level grade for the future?
Reply 2
Original post by wolfmoon88
Why do you need to improve your maths a-level grade for the future?

My current plan is to do medicine after biomedicine, but just in case my plans change and I want to go into the corporate world I do not know if universities/employers will look at my A-levels and not accept my because my grades are not extremely competitive
are you funding that medicine degree yourself?
Original post by roberto1212
My current plan is to do medicine after biomedicine, but just in case my plans change and I want to go into the corporate world I do not know if universities/employers will look at my A-levels and not accept my because my grades are not extremely competitive

Unless you are going into Investment Banking or Law, that should not be a concern if you have great uni grades and relevant experience.
Reply 5
Original post by wolfmoon88
Unless you are going into Investment Banking or Law, that should not be a concern if you have great uni grades and relevant experience.

so if I am going into investment banking or law and I have a C in maths then I should retake right?
also would they accept me if I redid maths after my undergraduate degree or would it have to be retaken a year after a levels?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending