Legacy Specification? What does that mean?

Watch
Vanessa Rose 01
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
Hi
Good day!

I'm reading the specification for a language A Level. There's a table, and one side says 'reformed specification' and the other side says 'legacy specification'. Does that mean that those particular aspects of the old spec are still relevant to the current one?
I'll post a screenshot so you can see

Thanks a lot for your time
Last edited by Vanessa Rose 01; 7 months ago
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Vanessa Rose 01)
Hi
Good day!

I'm reading the specification for a language A Level. There's a table, and one side says 'reformed specification' and the other side says 'legacy specification'. Does that mean that those particular aspects of the old spec are still relevant to the current one?
I'll post a screenshot so you can see

Thanks a lot for your time
It is just showing the changes, but as far as you are concerned juts focus on the reformed specification.
Vanessa Rose 01
Rep:
?
(Original post by 999tigger)
It is just showing the changes, but as far as you are concerned juts focus on the reformed specification.
You see I'm self studying the a level, and insofar as I'm aware there are no textbooks for the reformed spec, so I have to put things together myself, if that makes sense
999tigger
Report 7 months ago
You see I'm self studying the a level, and insofar as I'm aware there are no textbooks for the reformed spec, so I have to put things together myself, if that makes sense
Which subject?
Ask the exam board,on recommended texts.
It does make sense. You still need to create the new spec.
Vanessa Rose 01
Rep:
?
Which subject?
Ask the exam board,on recommended texts.
It does make sense. You still need to create the new spec.
I emailed the board a while ago, but this is what they said:
Hi,

Thank you for reaching out to Pearson.

Textbooks are for illustrative purposes and may not contain all the content on the specification or additional content that is not in the specification. As an awarding body, we are unable to give recommendations and decision on the books a student or teacher decides to use must be their own choice.

However, here's the link for A Level Arabic specification and course materials we have available:

https://qualifications.pearson.com/e...abic-2018.html

In line with that, I recommend that you speak with a teacher/ tutor at any Pearson registered centre as they are in the best position to advise which book is best for the learner.
Vanessa Rose 01
Rep:
?
I have emailed the board a while ago, but this is what they said:
Hi,

Thank you for reaching out to Pearson.

Textbooks are for illustrative purposes and may not contain all the content on the specification or additional content that is not in the specification. As an awarding body, we are unable to give recommendations and decision on the books a student or teacher decides to use must be their own choice.

However, here's the link for A Level Arabic specification and course materials we have available:

https://qualifications.pearson.com/e...abic-2018.html

In line with that, I recommend that you speak with a teacher/ tutor at any Pearson registered centre as they are in the best position to advise which book is best for the learner.
So I'm kinda on my own....

They have provided some resources but those are only meant to support studying alongside a textbook.

So I'm using the old textbooks, as well as using the new specification to guide my learning
That's why I'm trying to understand exactly what is meant by 'legacy specification'...??!!!
999tigger
Report 7 months ago
So I'm kinda on my own....

They have provided some resources but those are only meant to support studying alongside a textbook.

So I'm using the old textbooks, as well as using the new specification to guide my learning
That's why I'm trying to understand exactly what is meant by 'legacy specification'...??!!!
To avoid going round in circles I would use the new textbook.
In the situation you dont have the new one then you need to check the specification and add some post it notes or other to highlight the changes in where the marks are yourself. What you are doing is fine.

Legacy specification just refers to the old syllabus which is no longer in use. You dont need to know what it was, just if you are using an old textbook it is likely to be written with the old spec in mind and not the new one.
Vanessa Rose 01
Rep:
?
To avoid going round in circles I would use the new textbook.
In the situation you dont have the new one then you need to check the specification and add some post it notes or other to highlight the changes in where the marks are yourself. What you are doing is fine.

Legacy specification just refers to the old syllabus which is no longer in use. You dont need to know what it was, just if you are using an old textbook it is likely to be written with the old spec in mind and not the new one.
Okay. Thank you 😊
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now? (select all that apply)

Lack of purpose or routine (283)
15.29%
Uncertainty around my education (290)
15.67%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (184)
9.94%
Isolating with family (131)
7.08%
Lack of support system (eg. Teachers, counsellors) (85)
4.59%
Lack of exercise/ability to be outside (154)
8.32%
Loneliness (184)
9.94%
Financial worries (76)
4.11%
Concern about myself or my loved ones getting ill (170)
9.18%
Exposure to negative news/social media (132)
7.13%
Lack of real life entertainment (eg. cinema, gigs, restaurants) (162)
8.75%

Watched Threads