The Student Room Group

Are my GCSEs okay

I got 2 9's, 2 8's and 5 7's and 1 distinction* .

I want to do medicine in the future but compared to other people's results mainly consisting of only 8's and 9's I feel like my results are mediocre.

Thanks
Original post by Chemist123
I got 2 9's, 2 8's and 5 7's and 1 distinction* .

I want to do medicine in the future but compared to other people's results mainly consisting of only 8's and 9's I feel like my results are mediocre.

Thanks

Those grades are good. Which of these grades did you get for biology & chemistry? With no grades lower than a 7 is really good. I know people who are aiming to study medicine at university who do biology/chemistry/health in college who only got 6's/7's in science and they are achieving good grades currently in college.

I want to study paramedic practice and I take healthcare, applied science and psychology and for my GCSEs my highest grades were two 7's in chemistry and biology, my lowest grade being a 4 in French. Currently, in college, I am achieving grades A*A*B
Those results will be fine for medicine I think, it just depends what uni and whether they look at gcses or not
Original post by drystar
Those results will be fine for medicine I think, it just depends what uni and whether they look at gcses or not

Universities normally do look at GCSEs as well as A-levels, but A-levels are more important - the main two subjects universities look at is English and maths, which they require a grade 4 or higher (GCSE) in both subjects in order to meet the entry requirements. This is why colleges make you sit English/maths GCSE again if you failed it in high school.

Quick Reply

Latest