Are Btecs equal to A levels? Can I apply to uni with an extended diploma? Watch

Maryrey
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I got my GCSE’s results:
Maths: 4 Eng language: 4 Statistics: 4 Combined science: 66

I’m 18 y.o, I moved from Italy 2 years ago and I went to a dreadful college where they taught us nothing, that’s why my results aren’t really brilliant. I got no help and my circumstances are different from most of the people that got their results. I went to apply to a sixth form but they suggested to redo my GCSE’s (which I found it really stupid and disrespectful knowing my age and how hard I’m working being in disadvantage). I believe that I don’t qualify for A levels, so I was thinking about Btec but I found out that many people consider them of a lower level. I want to be sure that in the future I can apply to a good university. I really don’t understand the uk system, in Italy it’s different... please give me any suggestion. Thank you.
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Maryrey)
I got my GCSE’s results:
Maths: 4 Eng language: 4 Statistics: 4 Combined science: 66

I’m 18 y.o, I moved from Italy 2 years ago and I went to a dreadful college where they taught us nothing, that’s why my results aren’t really brilliant. I got no help and my circumstances are different from most of the people that got their results. I went to apply to a sixth form but they suggested to redo my GCSE’s (which I found it really stupid and disrespectful knowing my age and how hard I’m working being in disadvantage). I believe that I don’t qualify for A levels, so I was thinking about Btec but I found out that many people consider them of a lower level. I want to be sure that in the future I can apply to a good university. I really don’t understand the uk system, in Italy it’s different... please give me any suggestion. Thank you.
Depends what you want to do many courses accept btecs
Maryrey
Rep:
?
Biochemistry
YasudaSayo
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Biochemistry
You can do an extended diploma in applied science for that. That's actually what I'm studying atm so if you have any specific questions about the course, ask away. You can do biochemistry at most universities with an applied science BTEC (except oxbridge)
Maryrey
Rep:
?
(Original post by YasudaSayo)
You can do an extended diploma in applied science for that. That's actually what I'm studying atm so if you have any specific questions about the course, ask away. You can do biochemistry at most universities with an applied science BTEC (except oxbridge)
Omg thank you so much, that’s actually a relief. Hopefully everything will go as planned. These years I struggled so much looking for schools ecc.
swanseajack1
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Omg thank you so much, that’s actually a relief. Hopefully everything will go as planned. These years I struggled so much looking for schools ecc.
please see my response on your other post. Look at an access course as your 18. That is a 1 year course not 2 years for a btec.
YasudaSayo
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by swanseajack1)
please see my response on your other post. Look at an access course as your 18. That is a 1 year course not 2 years for a btec.
I think you have to be 21 to do an access course
swanseajack1
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
they are usually for students over 19 not 21.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Regent's University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Sep '19
  • Durham University
    Pre-Application Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 20 Sep '19
  • Loughborough University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 20 Sep '19

What's your favourite genre?