lokidokie
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Hello! I got my GCSE results yesterday and I was very happy with them! I got all 6's and above (including a 9 which I'm pretty gassed about) but I was 1 mark off a 7 in computer science, which really bugs me. I don't want to do anything with CS in my future but will having that one 6 hinder me that much when it comes to uni or jobs or whatever? Is it worth getting it remarked to see if I gain a mark or just leave it?
GetGradenines
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
No it won't. If you got into your sixth form, it's all good and you don't have to worry about anything. Congrats on your great results!
mez_merising
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
the grade won’t hinder you but it won’t hurt to get it remarked if you can afford it
Sir Cumference
  • Study Helper
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by lokidokie)
Hello! I got my GCSE results yesterday and I was very happy with them! I got all 6's and above (including a 9 which I'm pretty gassed about) but I was 1 mark off a 7 in computer science, which really bugs me. I don't want to do anything with CS in my future but will having that one 6 hinder me that much when it comes to uni or jobs or whatever? Is it worth getting it remarked to see if I gain a mark or just leave it?
Edexcel?
lokidokie
Rep:
?
(Original post by GetGradenines)
No it won't. If you got into your sixth form, it's all good and you don't have to worry about anything. Congrats on your great results!
Thanks! I got in, so I probably won't bother with it. Still makes me kick myself when I think back to all the silly mistakes I made in the exam.
lokidokie
Rep:
?
(Original post by Notnek)
Edexcel?
OCR
Sir Cumference
  • Study Helper
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by lokidokie)
OCR
Ah that means you can’t gain access to your exam scripts for free which is a shame.

The 2018 data shows that for computer science 28% of remarks resulted in a grade change. And the average mark change was 1.1. So I would guess you have somewhere between a 30% and 40% chance* of your grade changing if you apply for a remark.

So it’s really up to you based on this info if you feel it’s worth spending money to possibly increase your grade.

*Obviously this assumes that stats will remain similar in 2019 compared to 2018 but there's definitely no guarantee.
Last edited by Sir Cumference; 3 weeks ago
drystar
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I don't think it will matter especially if you're not continuing with CS. I was one mark off a 9 in english lit and was really tempted to get it remarked, but I realised that it literally won't matter. Your remark will only come back in like a month anyway, so you might not even care by then! Good luck if you do get it remarked though
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

University open days

• Regent's University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Sep '19
  • Durham University
    Pre-Application Open Days Undergraduate