Do I get a remark in English Lit??? Watch

Kohayton
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I got an 8 in English lit but was 2 marks away from a 9. My school said that I could get a remark but that perhaps I shouldn’t because last year they said a student got a remark and dropped 15 marks (and dropped a grade). I am quite happy with an 8 and don’t want to do English for A levels or uni but I got a 9 in my mocks so am slightly disappointed getting an 8. Should I get a remark or not???
JackFitz
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
If you're not planning on doing anything with English Lit in the future then an 8 is a more than respectable grade. It's highly unlikely that you'll drop 15 marks on a single remark, but there is a risk, and only you know whether or not to take it. More often than not, remarks lead to the grade staying the same but if it's important to you to get that 9 then go for it
drystar
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I'm in the exact same situation! A mark away from a 9 in english lit, and got a 9 in my mocks... I think I'm going to leave it as it's not such a big deal really
Kohayton
Rep:
?
(Original post by jackf1tz)
If you're not planning on doing anything with English Lit in the future then an 8 is a more than respectable grade. It's highly unlikely that you'll drop 15 marks on a single remark, but there is a risk, and only you know whether or not to take it. More often than not, remarks lead to the grade staying the same but if it's important to you to get that 9 then go for it
Thank you I don’t think I’ll get the remark because I don’t think it’s worth it as it won’t really affect my future (plus I don’t English as a subject anyway )
Kohayton
Rep:
?
(Original post by drystar)
I'm in the exact same situation! A mark away from a 9 in english lit, and got a 9 in my mocks... I think I'm going to leave it as it's not such a big deal really
I think I’m going to leave it too as it just isn’t really worth it
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

University open days

• University of Stirling
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Thu, 26 Sep '19
  • Heriot-Watt University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Scottish Borders Campus Undergraduate
    Fri, 27 Sep '19
  • Royal Holloway, University of London
    Undergraduate open day Undergraduate
    Sat, 28 Sep '19

Are you attending a Global Climate Strike?

Yes, I'm striking (26)
6.58%
No, but I wanted to/I support the cause (231)
58.48%
No (138)
34.94%

Watched Threads